Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey people,
I'm new here - not yet an owner of a CRV however I'm going to pick up a knighthawk black pearl one that I saw recently for £350 ($425 US) which has a small issue with misfire no biggie with B series cars I've built so many I can do them in my sleep! I've owned a tonne of Honda's in the past and currently own Two UK spec civics, I'm looking at picking the CRV up as a bit of a trail vehicle I can use for camping and hiking etc.

My only concern is the "Real Time 4WD" it has. I've heard they're a little bit futile off-road due to the way that the back wheels are triggered. I was wondering if there is some kind of conversion kit out there to make the running gear full-time 50/50 or 40/60 split.

I will be doing a fair bit of a rebuild ready for the new year this will include a fully rebuilt, forged and turbo'd engine running aftermarket engine management to give the car more power. The reasoning behind this is that the two civics I own make similar or more power from smaller engines so to bump up the power will help for all kinds of use both on and off road.

Hoping to stick around, learn something and even possibly do a build blog :D

Finch!

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
The rear differential has 2 hydraulic pumps in it. One is connected to the drive shaft and one is connect to the rear axles. When the pump for the drive shaft starts spinning faster than the rear axles it activates a clutch that engages the rear. Because of the way the system works the rear wheels are only powered when the front wheels are free spinning.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts