Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to one and all. I am a new member of the CRV Owners Club BUT am not new to CRV's. We originally owned the first available CRV in Australia and did a lot of mileage in that vehicle without a hassle. We only sold the vehicle when we bought a large (2-1/2 tonne) caravan to travel around Australia for a full year. Unfortunately the CRV isn't quite up to that so we reluctantly bought a Mitsubishi Pajero Diesel 4WD to do the towing duties. Only recently we opted to buy a smaller SUV with Auto transmission so that my wife had a reliable daily getabout to go back and forth to work as she has two knees in need of replacement so the clutch duties needed doing away with. We immediately remembered our old faithful CRV so picked up a secondhand CRV with only 51,000 kms on the clock and as clean as you can get them. So that is how we came by our latest possession. We still have the Pajero for towing but utilise the Honda for trips when we don't need or want the caravan and also for daily commuting. I must say the newer creature comforts are appreciated and the integrated Cruise Control and Radio controls etc in the steering wheel work a treat. The OEM Cruise Control is streets ahead of the add on Cruise that I had fitted to my original CRV. It is also far better to operate than the one fitted to my 2003 Pajero.

We do quite a lot of driving around various bush tracks in our pursuit of Australian Native Orchids which we photograph as our hobby. Both my wife and I enjoy walking through the Australian bush and love our Native Orchids as they are beautiful and getting out and about in the open air in the bush is giving us much needed exercise. The Honda is perfect for this as it is easy to manouvre and is not too heavy on the fuel compared to the 3.2 Diesel of the Mitsubishi. We are both looking forward to many more trips away in the Honda and hopefully I can share some of our experiences with members along the way.

Just as a bit more background I originally come from a small place called Deanmill which is located a few kilometres out of Manjimup in the South West of Western Australia. My wife originates from Albany which is right on the Southern extremeties of Western Australia. This is probably why we are both so into the bush bashing and orchids. I originally became a mechanic at a VW dealership when I was a teenager out of school but went on to work for Australia Post and ended my days there as their Logistics Manager at the State Mail Centre at Perth Airport. I was very fortunate to carry out many varied duties for Post in my 30 years with them and miss the interaction with people that I had in my working life. I was forced to retire early due to ill health but have managed to get by to date by keeping myself occupied in the mind just as much the body. I also utilise Genealogy as a means of keeping the grey matter active as it is an excellent way of blocking out things such as pain when you are endeavouring to find one of your Ancestors and can't find a vital missing link. It is also an excellent way of meeting new people and making many new friends.

I think that is enough rambling by me for now and I look forward to interacting with you all in the coming months.

..Phil

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi Phil welcome aboard, I am from Brisbane on the other side but I am enjoying my CRV as well a 1999 model. Looking forward to reading more about your adventures in the outback!
Cheers.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Phil! We're glad to have you! Sounds like a life of adventure is out there for you with the newest CR-V. What year is it? Got any pictures of it yet? We love pictures! Be sure to keep us posted on how the car does, your impressions of it, and how it fits your purpose. And have fun!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts