Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

So I don't own the CR-V yet, but we are in the process of hauling it here. My Fiance's Dad is getting it for free off of his daughter. It's a '98 and she got tired of fooling with it, it stalls when idling and when slowing down and stopping in traffic. Fiance and I have been doing tons and tons of research into it and know about the recall for ignition switch, and that is the first thing we are going to look up when we bring her home. We know that they replaced all but one sensor (going to ask about which one hasn't been replaced when we go get it) and the fuel pump. We are working on ruling out as much as possible by asking about it ASAP. I'll make a new post in the correct part of the forum when I can and ask for your suggestions then.

A little bit about me, I've only driven ONE vehicle since i got my license in '08, my 93 Celica.... And while its a nice car for the city (with roads that are properly maintained), it's not a great car for the country and roads riddled with pot-craters. (No way are these pot holes!!! :bluduh:) My car, that I've owned for 12 years has to have a LOT of engine work done to it and we need to get another ride now. So that is how I'm going to get my CR-V. (Fiance's dad is elderly, legally blind, and we are his ride.)

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,798 Posts
Welcome! :Group:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Welcome also,

Good luck with your new to you CRV. You came to the right place for help Let us know how you progress getting the problem fixed.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome also,

Good luck with your new to you CRV. You came to the right place for help Let us know how you progress getting the problem fixed.
Thank you! I will for sure let everyone know what the problem is when we get it figured out. I'm no stranger to forums and I've got this one bookmarked right along with my others. I'll let everyone know what all we've done with and go through the checklist, which i am already making. I'd rather check things first before I go parts swap crazy. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts