Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Welcome aboard Crawly! Love the color. I originally wanted a red for mine, but then remembered an article I read from an insurance company many years ago, regarding how much more often red vehicles were pulled over by the police for various "infractions." It makes sense as they are much more "visible", so I went with blue. I never found out how true it was, but why "up" the odds?
:cool:(y)

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,804 Posts
"Arrest Me RED" as a color is a myth...

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
This site claims that white is the most often pulled over. Red is second.

https://www.motorists.org/blog/get-pulled-over-more-often/

They claim the model of car is more of an issue.

Let the data speak for itself—the top three models that got pulled over the most were the Mercedes-Benz SL class, the Toyota Camry Solara, and the Scion tC. Each was between 300 and 400 percent more likely to get a ticket than any other car.

Interestingly enough, the top cars were more sporty models, such as coupes and cars designed for the “younger generations.” In contrast, the lower cars appeared to be more family-friendly sedans and SUVs.
Another report nearly echoed this data, and included minivans in the cars that were least likely to get pulled over. In this report, Scion and Mercedes models appeared on the “most-likely” list multiple times. Most cars on this list were sporty sedans as well, including the Acura Integra and Pontiac Grand Prix. The Hummer H2 was strangely ranked fourth, under the tC.

I wondered if white is the most common car color and a few more Google searches suggest white is in the top three, with silver and black, with red coming in fourth or fifth.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts