Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
I have a 1997 CR-V (Gen-1??) with 138k mi.Easily has been the best vehicle I've ever owned and I've had a few. Joined this forum to give/share advice as best I can. Finally decided to drain the ATF and did remove 3.2 qt..Replaced with 3 qt. of Castrol Import ATF and took short highway drive where slippage occured,tach went up ,vehicle slowed so I pulled over and stopped. After 20 min. car was able to be driven home 2 mi. Drained Castrol ATF-laced Honda ATF 3 qt. and added fresh Honda ATF.Now have no "Park" gear(acts like neutral) but all else shifts good. Maybe the pawl gear finally broke after years of not using the parking brake on my inclined driveway??Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply.If it's the pawl gear can I replace that ? Where is it located? Could it also be a solenoid issue? Should I schedule a Honda appt. or can I just drive it and use the parking brake?

·
Registered
772 Posts
look at the pivot where the shifter cable end is. take it apart sand and grease it
I see in your signature, Honda Tech is noted. What is the correct way to change the trans fluid ? Is the amount of fluid left in the Torque Convertor require multible fluid changes and run thrus to remove that fluid ? If this is that important, why did Honda not provide a way to drain the convertor ? Just wanted your opinion.
David g.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts