Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy, lurked every since we bought this new to us CR-V. Already cost me, weathertech floor liners & cargo cover. Ordered a gallon of Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner for the leather seats , dash, etc. Looking at LED's for interior loghts.
Love this board & glad I found it.
I'm a 65 yr old retired Police & emergency vehicle maintenance tech for City of Austin.

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
Congratulations on your new purchase. Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you aboard! Happy Motoring! WeatherTech is well worth the Money. Its good to protect the Leather surfaces. The LED upgrades are also good. If you can I would suggest to 1st upgrade the rear Brake Lights to LED for safety.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congratulations on your new purchase. Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you aboard! Happy Motoring! WeatherTech is well worth the Money. Its good to protect the Leather surfaces. The LED upgrades are also good. If you can I would suggest to 1st upgrade the rear Brake Lights to LED for safety.
Thanks otto! Can I buy the LED brake light bulbs at Auto Zone or Amazon (suggest type or maker) ?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your exciting purchase! Glad to hear you're already making improvements on it! Any plans on what your next mod will be?
Thanks carid!
I'm looking for something to clip my garage door opener on & something to hold my cell phone. The center console has alot of space in front of it (maybe a pouch that mounts on the front of the console).

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Otto888man, if I replace the OEM brake light bulbs with LED's, will it cause the brake light out warnings to come on in the dash because the LED bulbs don't require much voltage ?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks driveski !
LED's cast a more "pleasing" light, a lot less heat & power used, and most times, brighter but not be so much glare, and what I call a pristine light. They also last alot longer.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Welcome Barney to the best CRV forum on the internet!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the welcome jimbob.
Going to take me awhile to figure thos huge forum out. Alot of info.
I think there are at least a few Honda techs here & maybe give diagrams etc that Honda has that we as consumers can't access.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Congrats on the pruchase and welcome to the site. There is a lot of useful information on here. Happy browsing :)

·
Registered
868 Posts
Thanks driveski !
LED's cast a more "pleasing" light, a lot less heat & power used, and most times, brighter but not be so much glare, and what I call a pristine light. They also last alot longer.
I'm sitting on the fence on this. Driving my third CRV, 1998, 2003 and now 2011. Only bulbs I ever had to replace were the brake lights on my 2003. Actually only one burned out, but replaced both. So short life is not a concern for me. Interior lights I never use. Honda headlights are far from great, but glare to oncoming traffic is of major concern for me.traffic. I hate the white/blue/etc glare from many on the road.

I guess most new vehicles are going LED now.

I do however, have many in many house. :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
^^^
I'm kinda shying away from going to LED's now. I thought OEM lights were high (headlights etc). I also don't want to play the game "My headlights are brighter than yours". But having better brake lights makes sense.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I used to drive on secondary roads a lot more and that's where the inadequate headlights really impact you. But that is also where aftermarket brighter lights do the most harm to oncoming traffic.

My position is that I don't want to do to others what I don't like done to me.

Different subject, but same goes for tinted windows. Legal or not. I want to see the driver, so I don't mind being seen either. :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts