Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I need to buy a new vehicle and am interested in a 2017 CR-V. About a week ago I was hit in my 2010 Civic LX and just waiting for confirmation that it is totaled. I'm actually leaning towards the AWD LX model of the 2017. I think I'd prefer the 2.4 engine just based on it's history and I don't "have to have" the extras that come with the EX and above. I've driven both briefly. I haven't seen many on this board post about buying an LX, but maybe I'm not looking hard enough. Plus most reviews are loaded modes and/or want to right about the new 1.5T engine so I haven't found much information or reviews on the LX. I'm just looking for input on this from the CR-V community. Any LX supporters out there for the 2017 or is this something I'd regret purchasing?

thanks

·
Super Moderator
3,204 Posts
The 2.4/cvt combo was used in the prior generation. The FWD version is also in the Accord. As a 16 owner I'm perfectly happy with the drivetrain. Manufacturers like to keep loaded models in their press fleet so its tough to read reviews.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
I can tell you that if I was buying a new CRV for myself I would buy the LX for the 2.4L engine. If I was buying for my wife, she would "need" the EXL this go around. I like the long history of reliability with the 2.4L. Plus, the 1.5L isn't getting any better fuel economy to make it worth it to me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input. I ended up buying the 2017 LX yesterday. I wanted the 2.4L engine and honestly just wasn't ready for some of the extra driving assistance of the higher models. I know more is coming down the road for everyone, but I'm just not there yet. Lol

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Thanks for the input. I ended up buying the 2017 LX yesterday. I wanted the 2.4L engine and honestly just wasn't ready for some of the extra driving assistance of the higher models. I know more is coming down the road for everyone, but I'm just not there yet. Lol
Congrats on your purchase. Let's see some pics of your new ride!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts