Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, just bought our first honda a 2019 crv with the 1.5 liter turbo. so far we like it. we also bought the extended warrentee so the gas in the oil should not be a concern. looking forward to learning more about this suv from you folks

·
Registered
92 Posts
Welcome Ken !

Congrats on your new crv. Good choice> I bought my 2018 Ex-L on Aug 10th and have 3,000 + miles on it and have not had a bit of trouble. The ride is smooth & quieter than my 2011 accord that I traded in for it. Engine warms up just fine in 20+ temps which we've had a few days like that here in NJ and lots of 30+ and the heater heats fast and gets very hot and within 10 mins or so I'm turning it down. I haven't had any problems with the electronics. In other words, I haven't had any of the issues some others are dealing with including gas in oil and I check it once a week.

I still look forward to driving it everywhere in both good and bad weather. That's how much I love it. Best wishes for many happy miles with your crv :)

·
Registered
2 Posts

This forum has already been very helpful. Thank you for all the time and information you all have provided. Our family has owned Honda cars, motorcycles, lawn mowers/pressure washers and have been very pleased with each purchase. We purchased our 2017 CRV in December of 2017 as a pre-owned CRV. My wife loves her CRV and this makes my life even better. Happy wife, Happy Life.
Thanks for the post on the battery issues. We just got 15 inches of snow and we kept the crv parked for 3 days and the battery was dead. Jumped it with my Taco and took it to the dealer. We just had this happen for the first time and our VIN was listed in the service bulletin 17-032. The local dealer replaced the battery under warranty. However, now I am going to be able to go back to the dealer and request the proper fix.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm a new member as well. I just purchased a 2018 CRV EX AWD around Thanksgiving. I was initially worried about the gas/oil, but did get the extended warranty as well. My dealership also had a standard offer of "First 7yrs of Oil Changes Free", so I figure they will find any gas before I do. I have also scoured these pages and seen that the fix called N60 and N61 was software and not hardware which also put me at ease.
The only dilemma I am currently facing is a bit of guilt. The vehicle literally pulls me out of this guilt every time I drive it b/c it has every amenity(digital dash, head unit, arm support) I didn't have on a 2006 Corolla CE, which I am passing onto my 16yr old this year.
The guilt seems to be coming from the gas mileage which hovers around 25 for the mostly start/stop suburban driving this vehicle has seen in its short 800 mile existence. 300 of those miles was a round trip between Seattle and Portland.
Before I started writing this, I was looking at Insights and they use the same 1.5L/CVTl, so aside from batteries charging and discharging, that same power-plant/transmission combo is in everything Honda makes. IT IS EVERYWHERE!
I will also say that this machine was the lowest priced in its class and that still wasn't very low coming from a <$20k Corolla.
The safety features are also winning me over, which you just can't get on any other vehicles in its class: Mazda CX-5, Toyota RAV4, Nissan Rogue. All of those safety features didn't start becoming standard on these other vehicles until 2019 and Honda has had them on this latest 5th gen since 2017. Let me tell you, I did a lot of research(internet and friend's vehicles test drives of RAV4 and CRV) and a lot of soul searching before I chose this vehicle.
Thanks for making it through my cathartic rambling thus far. I think it is also like buying a new baseball mit(or whichever analogy of familiarity you prefer). The new mit needs to be broken in and you need to see it as a new mit that you will come to appreciate as much as the old faithful mit you are letting go.

Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.