Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm a brand new member to this website and have just purchased a 2019 Honda CRV EX, and I am using a Samsung Note 8 with Android auto and Google Maps.

I have been using Garmin Nuvi for 10 plus years on all my other cars and found Garmin to be very dependable especially in rerouting. On Google Maps I have found that once you set up a route it does not recalculate you to the shortest route to your destination, but rather back to the next turn point on your original route. Has anyone encountered that problem?

Also secondly in more important yes I would like to be able to use and Google browser or something similar to access the internet and mirror other applications on my smartphone when using Android auto, rather than just just music. Are there any solutions?

Finally I realize that browsers and YouTube and things like that will normally only run when the car is in park, but I understand there are procedures to bypass the electric brake so that you can have your passenger access a browser while driving, such as Trivago for hotel searches and bookings. Any suggestions
Or links on this hack?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.