Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Buying a 1999 manual transmission with 87K km (about 54K miles) and will appreciate for tips and suggestions of things I need to do and keep an eye on for maintenance

Thanks and best
Hussein

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
12,184 Posts
Read your owners manual, service schedules are in there. In your case, look at the TIME requirements as well as MILEAGE (km).

If you don't have one you might be able to get it from the Honda owners' site. I know that it works for USA owners, not sure where you are from.

Anyway, your V has a B Series engine with a timing belt. Make sure that it is changed. Other fluids (trans, brake, etc) need to be replaced at that age for sure.

You are also well-advised to check valve clearances.

Filters (cabin and engine air) can be checked to make sure they are clean.

Enjoy your V! A low-mileage one like that is a Good Find! :Happy:

·
Banned
217 Posts
Buying a 1999 manual transmission with 87K km (about 54K miles) and will appreciate for tips and suggestions of things I need to do and keep an eye on for maintenance

Thanks and best
Hussein
Welcome to CRVOC, Hussein!
Glad to see another first gen with very low mileage. There’s a lot of information we’ve collect over time here. I learned a lot from this forum from the beginning, now helping others that wondered those same questions just in a different time period. Here’s things I normally check to keep my first gen 2001 EX rolling daily; Engine Oil, Transmission Fluid, Rear Differential Fluid, Brake Fluid, Coolant, Power Steering.

Like Carbuff2 says, timing belt and valve clearances are crucial.

Please post pictures when you can!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts