Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
Yeah, that noise won't hurt a thing. The CR-V is great for seat-of-the-pants drivers because it will transmit any noise to you, so once you get used to it you will always know when something is up. On the other hand, you might not so much appreciate hearing everything. It does take some getting used to.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
question - this grind, dragging noise is considered normal? It happens everytime I am backing up the car. I have had the CRV LX for one week. If thius is normal I suppose I can quit worrying that something is wrong.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
question - this grind, dragging noise is considered normal? It happens everytime I am backing up the car. I have had the CRV LX for one week. If this is normal I suppose I can quit worrying that something is wrong.

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
If I am clear and you mean the noise your brakes make when you first get moving each day, then yes. I hear it backing out of my sloped driveway and at the first stop sign. At first I thought it was odd too - my F250 doesn't do it. But - if you look at your disc brake rotors when first walking up to the car in the early morning you can see where surface rust has begun to develop on them. The first few times it can be rather disconcerting, but you will get used to it. No harm is being done, the noise is just the pads scraping the rust off. It only takes a minute.

They are evidently making the rotors out of a different/cheaper metal these days. Older rotors don't rust. I expect this will also mean it will be slightly more difficult to keep the wheels clean.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.