Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw the new Toyota cuv today. Dealer had one on turntable at their lot. Not sure what they are calling it but it is their version of the HRV. I understand Nissan is coming out with one as well. It looked pretty sharp, in fact from a distance better than the Honda. Kinda like a 5 door Civic SI hatchback. Wheels and body lines more sporty than the HRV. I guess it mainly caught my eye since wife has a RAV4.

·
Registered
100 Posts
wow, that is small & funky looking... to each their own

·
Registered
184 Posts
Have to agree to disagree with you Bob i think the Juke is ugly. I wish the HR-V looked as nice as the new Toyota. Heck i wish my CRV looked that nice. Granted its a sheep in wolves clothing but still a nice looking vehicle.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Have visited Toyota site and the new C-HR is on the first screen. Looks small and, to me, ugly as hell. Mileage is also not near what I am getting in my CR-v. Suspect primary draw will be price.

·
Registered
281 Posts
yuk. BTW we got a loaner from the dealer las week when our CRV was in for the paint spots. An HRV. It was okay but not in the same league as the CRV. Much smaller all around

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
All I have to say is that Toyota is not being very subtle about trying to confuse potential customers when calling it the C-HR instead of the obvious choice of "RAV-2."

·
Everything in Moderation
7,623 Posts
At the NY Auto Show they were showing the C-HR painted like a Toyota FJ (white roof etc).

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
That car is butt ugly in capital letters! The back end looks like some giant kicked it in the @ss and pushed it in. The Nissan Juke had that weird body style too and look at its sales numbers. They were never great but after a few years decreased from that. In Canada (where buyers are perhaps more sensible with how they spend their money) the Juke never sold over a few hundred a month.
As for the new small Lexus SUV, well its what was the RAV4 V-6 that is no longer offered. Kind of reminds me of the Acura RDX/CR-V brotherhood.

I think the HRV is more practical with more space. That little Toyota has styling that will not age well. Its meant to appeal to young buyers who want something new and different. New and different is a short term game.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts