Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All. My wife and I were looking for another car and test drove a new (2018) and used CRV. The new one drove quite well as you would expect and then we drove a 2013 that seemed to have at least as much power as the new one but it has a lot of miles, around 180K. Due to the mileage, they offered us a very good price so we can just buy without financing. I was a mechanic for some years back in the 80s and owned and worked on many Honda products-mostly motorcycles-and have a lot of respect for them but never owned a Honda car. It seems that 2.4 engine was used by Honda a lot and I was impressed how the 2013 CRV ran and how tight it handled. My question is with normal maintenance, how durable is the 2.4 and the transmission? Thank you all in advance.

·
Registered
2013 CRV EX FWD
2,914 Posts
If the maintenance has been done regularly you shouldn't have any issues for a long time. If it has been neglected then it may have issues down the road. Take it for a long test drive and see what you think. Since it's a 2013 with that many miles, those miles are definitely highway miles which are easy on a vehicle. If they are selling it for a price that you can buy it outright, that would be what I would do. No car payment is the way to go.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.