Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Nice graphics, not sure what is the message they are trying to convey since one would figure that they would mention the fix coming out in November.

·
Registered
36 Posts
So: "If your dipstick reads above full this is normal....IT'LL BURN OFF LATER!!"

At least they're acknowledging it.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Normal occurrence with this engine

That’s funny
It’s also normal for a kleptomaniac to steal.
Normal doesn’t mean correct , or good. Odd message the video is giving. Maybe it was suggested by their lawsuit nervous layer team.

·
Registered
531 Posts
1. Nothing mentioned about excessive gas being dumped into the oil. I guess it is normal for internal combustion engine to leak some gas passed the piston rings but doing it excessively is abnormal.

2. Nothing mentioned about the reduced effectiveness of the diluted oil's lubricating properties and long term damage.

Honda FAILED.

·
Registered
250 Posts
WOW, big news.... anyone will with half a brain figured out fuel was getting past the rings. Washing the cylinder walls down with gas is not a good thing. Wear is my worry now, soon oil will follow, and your rising oil level will go the other way..... jim

·
Registered
533 Posts
You dont realize how bad it is until you take the orange thing off the dipstick.......you get a different reading every time you check it...very easy and a true reading like it should be

·
Registered
892 Posts
Ill give them min credit for finally acknowledging the issue but agree it's disconcerting Honda doesn't take ownership or let the consumer know they are addressing the issue. Something is amiss with today's Honda. It might be time again for a Honda leadership enema.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Since I've sat through several classes on business law (and even passed them!), i have a slightly different view on the message in the video.

No commitments were made because their lawyers probably forbade them from making any.
For example, if Honda promised a fix by the end of November in any public communication, but some delay caused it to not be available until December 1st some lawyer would sue them.

JM2C

·
Registered
653 Posts
I suspect that the video is Honda's PR campaign to keep sales from flagging. It comes too quickly after CR's report not to be damage control. Another current thread suggests that an owner has received notice from their dealer to bring in their vehicle for the "fix" but I remain skeptical until affected owners provide feedback on this new "fix".

1 - 20 of 108 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.