Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All. Just purchased an olive green '18 EX. Man we love the color!

Problem though: dealer butchered the PDI and installed the front plate crooked. Holes are 1/4" off in height! On top of that, Einstein also drove in the mounting bolts so there are 4 holes instead of just 2! :kaboom

Any thoughts on how you would fix this?

IMG_2551.jpg

IMG_2552.jpg

IMG_2553.jpg

IMG_2554.jpg

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Take it back to the dealer and demand they replace the damaged parts at their expense.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Take it back to the dealer and demand they replace the damaged parts at their expense.
I'm in the process of getting that authorized, but colleagues have all advised me to avoid re-painting a front bumper cover. The finish will never match factory and it will overall be worse. Honda does not sell pre-painted bumpers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I settled for a new bumper cover and bumper lower shipped to me. I'm willing to handle the paint. I'll end up with a spare front end, but it'll probably cost me 250$ to paint.

Definitely would recommend to anyone buying to thoroughly inspect their new vehicle and get ahead of the dealer on their PDI and ask them to not touch it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.