Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I did a search in the forum but could not find any answers.
2017 CR-V Touring. Canadian.
I cannot hear the navigation guidance. I found the volume and set it at max but it is hardly audible, especially when on the highway with music on. Any suggestions or any fixes. My Dealer said it is a common complaint and not fixable.
I paired our phones (mine and my Wife's) and they work great except, we have to manually set the phone for one of us. My previous car automatically selected which to pair with. I set mine as #1 priority and my Wife as second and if I got in the car, mine would pair, even if my Wife was in the car. If my Wife gets in the car without me, her phone automatically pairs. I cannot seem to find this feature in the CR-V. This is not something new, has Hnda just forgotten it or am I missing some avenue to do this?
Lastly (for now :)) the XM radio has title and artist name but, the names are sometimes cut off as are the song titles. In my previous car wit SirusXM, the names and titles scrolled but not on this interface. is this normal?

·
Registered
66 Posts
You can adjust the volume WHEN GARMIN IS GIVING DIRECTIONS by using the volume knob. If the nav is working but it is not speaking directions the volume control works for the radio.

I only use one phone is I haven't experienced this, but this was answered in another thread. You will need to search for it.

I noticed that Sirius XM does not scroll the title also so I guess it doesn't on this vehicle.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can adjust the volume WHEN GARMIN IS GIVING DIRECTIONS by using the volume knob. If the nav is working but it is not speaking directions the volume control works for the radio.

I only use one phone is I haven't experienced this, but this was answered in another thread. You will need to search for it.

I noticed that Sirius XM does not scroll the title also so I guess it doesn't on this vehicle.
Turning up the radio volume also turns up the radio plus, you gotta be able to hear the Garmin voice in the first place. It was difficult and I barley caught it when driving on the highway. Open the sunroof and it is even less audible.
I did search for the questions I had but may not have used the proper phrasing. Can you help me with the search phrase to use for the phone issue?

·
Registered
51 Posts
There is an adjustment for the Guidance Volume in the screen interface menu:

System -> Sound/Beep -> Guidance Volume

It adjusts the guidance volume of the navigation system.
(page 360 of the owners manual)

I haven't used it, but it may help.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is an adjustment for the Guidance Volume in the screen interface menu:

System -> Sound/Beep -> Guidance Volume

It adjusts the guidance volume of the navigation system.
(page 360 of the owners manual)

I haven't used it, but it may help.
Thanks, I have that turned up to the max and it is sill low. The dealership said that it is one of the most complained about things they get and he is hoping that a software update will enable greater volume control.
As an aside, kind freaky that there is even a page 360, let alone 600 in an owners manual for a car LOL.

·
Registered
219 Posts
As far as the phone pairing goes, I'm not sure this will work, but it's probably worth a shot. Make sure that you pair your phone with your key fob having been used to start the car. Then, when pairing your wife's phone, be sure to use her key fob.

I'm just guessing here, but it seems to me like this would be the only way for the car to distinguish which phone to connect to.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As far as the phone pairing goes, I'm not sure this will work, but it's probably worth a shot. Make sure that you pair your phone with your key fob having been used to start the car. Then, when pairing your wife's phone, be sure to use her key fob.

I'm just guessing here, but it seems to me like this would be the only way for the car to distinguish which phone to connect to.
Thanks for the idea.
I tried that but no go. Still doesn't work. This is not rocket science. I checked with some friends and their vehicles are able to prioritize the phones and it picks whichever one is highest on the list as people get in.
As i said, on my KIA Optima, I had my phone as #1, my Wife as #2 and my Son and Daughter as well and the system picked.
I see I am not the only one either that has an issue with the loudness (or quietness ) of the Nav guidance system.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts