Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, I just picked up a 2000 crv lx 5 speed and like it very much! It has 160k on it and just had the t-belt and water pump replaced when I got it. Since then I have swapped the oil in the rear diff 3 times and also serviced the transmission. I also did the first oil change since I got it. There was a pretty bad clunk on potholes, but I fixed that with some new sway bar end links and bushings. I am going to do the rear end links and bushings soon because it had such an impact on the front. I got a lot of info to do most of this work here so cheers and thanks. Next up is the valve adjustment if I can handle it.

I also put a kenwood ddx470 in and it looks great! Also some yakima racks

Here is a picture of my new ride:
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Compact sport utility vehicle

I am having a problem on cold days if any of you mechanic savvy types would care to take a look:
http://www.crvownersclub.com/forums...alic-whining-noise-cold-start.html#post228953

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Nice ride. It looks like it has been taken cared. What oil did you use in the tranny? When adjusting the valve lash be sure that the engine is stone cold. How about the fuel filter has it been replaced?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.