Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Perusing the manual on my new 2019 CRV that I picked up this morning and I'm the type that read the manual from cover to cover. Page 1, right after the cover, there is a paragraph titled "Service Diagnostic Recorders". In that section the last sentence says "Some diagnostic and maintenance information is uploaded to Honda upon vehicle startup".

How is that possible? Does the call have it's own cellular modem or does it piggyback on my phone via bluetooth if so paired?

Please clarify, I'm a bit privacy conscious and those was a bit of a surprise to me.

·
Registered
127 Posts
@bobmorning

Hello,

No, the vehicle does not have an embedded cellular device or wifi capability to upload data (unlike the current generation Accord and Odyssey).

The vehicle WILL upload data to the Honda server if you have the HondaLink app installed on your phone/s and actively use it with your infotainment system.

How it works:

The relevant vehicle data flows to the infotainment unit via the vehicles CAN BUS from the PCM and the Gauge.

Next the infotainment unit transmits the data to your phone via the Hondalink app in the audio unit once the phone is "linked".

Finally the Hondalink app on the phone then does the data "push" to the Honda server.

I hope this helps,

Cheers!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts