Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read many problems with the vibration however couldn't find anything regarding 2016 models. Picked up my car this last Saturday and all was good till i drove home which is about 30 miles from the dealership. I noticed a slight vibration in the steering wheel when going faster than 55mph. I thought it was just the road but even at smooth parts....the car still vibrated. Its nothing severe but enough to know its not right. My fit doesn't vibrate even on rough road.

Took the car to the dealer and the (Master Mechanic) took it for a spin. He said he noticed some vibration when holding the steering wheel on the bottom (which i do) however not so much holding the wheel on the top part. I told him thank Mr Jobs....i guess im holding it wrong. They let me take another CRV 2016 (same color and car...even the next number from the allotment)......i felt the same issue. I know im not going crazy......there is a vibration. Is this just normal for CRV's? I dont have rough idle or any other issue below these speeds.

I love this car but i cannot imagine that this is normal. I drive lots of miles (30k/year) and would go crazy if i have to feel this vibration on my daily hour commutes. Anyone here have a 2016 with this issue?

·
Super Moderator
3,193 Posts
2016 with 2200 miles in 18 days. No problems and 31mpg.
I suspect a defective tire in your case.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yes, sounds more like a tire balancing issue. My 2016 SE V with 800 miles has no vibration issues.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
381 Posts
I agree this sounds like a tire, rim, or balancing issue. Some 2015's had a (low idle/mode 1) vibration issue, mostly while stopped at a red light and idling. Even fewer had one when they started accelerating (mode 2/mode 3). The TSB took care of these, and was already included in cars that rolled off with the 2016 sticker. Both of my 2015's don't have the issue, and 7 months later we are extremely pleased with the vehicles. They were made in the last month of production before the 2016 plate change, so maybe they came out of the factory with the TSB applied.

The dealer can take care of the issue you are experiencing, i'm sure. You're going to love your CRV! :)

Best of luck with your new vehicle! :)

Rhody

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Taking the car in to have the tires checked. I feel better knowing that there isnt anything going on with the 2016's. I freaked out when i googles crv vibration only to have a million threads on it lol. I love this car. Thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I own a 2016 EX (canadian). Guessing could be bearings ? or the road terrain ?
I felt a slight vibration once only when during idling appox 1500 rpms. Guessing that's how CVT operates but it doesn't bother me.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Your not alone with 2016 vibration

I too have a 2016 crv ex 6500 miles bought new in April here in Dallas TX vibration starts at 70 and continues through 100mph that's as fast as I'll take it. At my own expense I have tried new tires Yokohama avid acends awesome tires helps some but not even close to eliminating the problem. Tried new rotors to see if the factory equiped ones were out of balance. Mind you this is after I met with a regional Honda rep who offered to do nothing besides road force balance the Bridgestone duelers that came with the vehicle. For some reason wheel bearing seals on both sides were leaking lubricant on knuckles so after a debated persuasion the dealer did agree and say he replaced them under the circumstances that if they leak again he would not replace them again. He swore up and down leaking seals were normal at this mileage, and I informed him that all the sources I have found stated that once the seals are compromised they soon will take in water dirt grit and debrief and go bad quick. So hopefully they did do what they promised. I don't know why they are still expelling grease though. There was no change in driving vibration after the bearing change car drives exactly the same. Vibration is worse on passenger side and it feels like your in a message chair. This is seriously something Honda needs to put a TSB out for 2016 models for. When I drive 150 miles one way to Oklahoma my wrist and hands become numb. But Honda America says it's a characteristic of the vehicle. So annoying. My next suspicion would be a bad cv but without a torn boot or loose axle the not much proof to convince the service department to replace it. Also they neutralized motor mounts no change.

Bad part is I have test drove 8 other crvs between Paris TX and Rockwall TX and they are all vibrating at highway speeds. So consumers have to be receiving these vehicles and being kept in the dark by Honda. I asked Honda America today about the 2015 TSB 15-046 to see if they could apply this type of fix to a 2016. Their reply...no. I asked if my vehicle was part of the TSB 16-053 they replied...no. So if you are a 16 crv owner with steering wheel vibrations or shakes at highway speeds speak up here so we can get our voices heard and if you guys know any possible fixes feel free to chime in. I believe once so money complained about their 15s they developed a TSB. I look forward too hearing from y'all and sorry if this seems like a thread Jack I really just wanted to revive the threat and let the forum mememer know there are more of us out there and what I have tried.

Matt

·
Super Moderator
3,193 Posts
OZp hasn't posted since May so presumably all is well.
For my part, 8000 in on my 2016 since May, I'm happier every day with the decision.
In fact my wife, a member of the life long Volvo fan club wants to replace her 13 year old car with a CRV (or an outback).
I may surprise her with the RDX rather than a CRV next year. Not buying two cars in a year!

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I may surprise her with the RDX rather than a CRV next year. Not buying two cars in a year!
A RDX would have to be really special to be worth the price difference in purchase price and then the additional $3,000 5 year cost of fuel (per govt.) for the decrease in fuel mileage and the requirement for premium fuel. My cousin has a MDX and it's not that special compared to my EX-L.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm having the same issue with a vibration. I believe the tires have way to much road force, though the dealer says they have balanced my tires twice and they don't feel anything before and after. Kind of frustrating I have a vibration all the way to work about 30 miles and nothing could be done. Contacted Honda and they want me to test drive with the Shop Foreman. Lets see how that goes.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I bought new tires for my 16 and had them road forced Yokohama ascends nice tires ride smoother than OE, but still have the dreded highway vibrations. I'm starting to think Honda CVTs have som quirks my 13 accords CVT was great no vibes but this one is unbearable.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I bought new tires for my 16 and had them road forced Yokohama ascends nice tires ride smoother than OE, but still have the dreded highway vibrations. I'm starting to think Honda CVTs have som quirks my 13 accords CVT was great no vibes but this one is unbearable.
I had one advisor the vibration is normal. Very frustrating I love the vehicle but drive allot of highway.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I know the advisor told me the same thing so did Honda America customer service. Tell me how is it normal whenever others out there seem to not have the issue and other Honda vehicles throughout my family do not shake like this going down the highway. I drive a lot of highway too 90 miles one way every week too see my dad and 150 every other week to see my uncle who is sick and let me tell you numb hands head aches and body aches not to mention just shear fright from thoughts of instability of the shaking vehicle scare the hell out of me. I have been in contact with everyone from Honda A-Z been to 5 different dealers and no one will help esthetically I like this vehicle mechanically ticking time bomb. Which I thought I would never say about a Honda that's why I have always bought Honda because they are supposed to be sound safe vehicles. Times have changed.

·
Registered
21 Posts
So I picked up my car from Honda cause they said its normal. I guess I'll just keep driving it. Funny thing I was talking to the rep my smart watch picks up the vibration and adds them as steps walked.

·
Registered
22 Posts
OZp hasn't posted since May so presumably all is well.
For my part, 8000 in on my 2016 since May, I'm happier every day with the decision.
In fact my wife, a member of the life long Volvo fan club wants to replace her 13 year old car with a CRV (or an outback).
I'm happy with my wife's 16 CR-V so far - I may give consideration to trading my TLX in on the next gen RDX a few years down the road - depending on what it looks like and what power-train options they have. I've been a sedan guy my whole life but really like sitting up higher in the CR-V.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts