Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
68reg Se I-Vtec 4X2 Manual
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Happy owner of the current CRV GEN5. Looking for suggestions on improving the vehicle.
Love the Apple carplay. No longer need to touch a phone and having to have a phone holder :)

Had tints done on the vehicle which made a big difference already.
Next to look at running boards or side steps to complete the look.
Based in London UK.

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Photograph

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Grille Automotive parking light

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any suggestions on installing running boards? OEM or after market parts?
OEM supplied and fitted by Honda is quoted at £800+.
found some from ebay HONDA CRV CR-V onwards 2018 RUNNING BOARDS STEPS BAR SIDE STEPS BAR BOARDS | eBay and with garages to fit, am looking at £300.

Aint good with installing parts onto cars as do not have the correct tools and i dont quite trust myself with our new vehicle :).

·
Registered
2.2 I-ctdi 2009 ES
112 Posts
Hello and Welcome!

As with any new car owner I always recommend having the car detailed by someone you trust. It goes a long way to protecting the paint looking like new everyday.

As for the running boards (which will make your car look :cool: btw), either a local garage (if you get ebay ones) or even the place that did the tints??

Although OEM stuff is always more expensive, usually the dealership and even your car insurance will only acknowledge genuine parts in regards to warranty issues later down the line etc.

Nice motor though and hope you have many trouble free miles ;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello and Welcome!

As with any new car owner I always recommend having the car detailed by someone you trust. It goes a long way to protecting the paint looking like new everyday.

As for the running boards (which will make your car look :cool: btw), either a local garage (if you get ebay ones) or even the place that did the tints??

Although OEM stuff is always more expensive, usually the dealership and even your car insurance will only acknowledge genuine parts in regards to warranty issues later down the line etc.

Nice motor though and hope you have many trouble free miles ;)
ah yes i didnt think of the warranty as i will plan to purchase extended warranty from honda (quoted £599 for two years). Probably will go down the OEM route. thanks

Sup my honda buddy :)

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
11,350 Posts
Any suggestions on installing running boards? OEM or after market parts?
OEM supplied and fitted by Honda is quoted at £800+.
found some from ebay HONDA CRV CR-V onwards 2018 RUNNING BOARDS STEPS BAR SIDE STEPS BAR BOARDS | eBay and with garages to fit, am looking at £300.

Aint good with installing parts onto cars as do not have the correct tools and i dont quite trust myself with our new vehicle :).

Better to start a new thread here as this section is for Intro's only :)

Reactions: CRVSteel2018

·
Registered
TBA
16 Posts
Welcome, and nice Cr-V you have there!! Don't often see a black that shiny on a car. Even though my manual shifting days are (mostly) behind me, I am jealous you can still get a manual CR-V over there.

edit: do the UK CR-Vs come standard w/ a 2 litre engine? which one is in OP's car?

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
11,350 Posts
do the UK CR-Vs come standard w/ a 2 litre engine? which one is in OP's car?
OP's car is a 1.5T manual.

The only 2.0 engine here in the UK is the Hybrid.

Reactions: JB in AZ

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
11,350 Posts
The 4th Gen had the 2.0NA engine :)

Reactions: CRVSteel2018

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OP's car is a 1.5T manual.

The only 2.0 engine here in the UK is the Hybrid.
Correct. the 2.0 Hybrid is nice and i like the transmission but is an additional like £10k:)

ok, so the same as in the states. i thought you guys at least used to have a 1.8 or 2 litre n/a engine. what does the 68reg mean in his vehicle description?
Haha In the UK the registration number plate is strange. If the car is made early 2018 the registration plate starts XX18 XXX and if it is manufactured after September 2018 the registration starts XX68 XXX

Yes that was what my brother owned and it had a 68Reg. the 2.0T engine did feel abit better.
Wished the 5th Gen came in diesel to give better MPG. The 1.5 engine is rubbish on MPG. I also drive the Civic 1.6 diesel for work and the MPG is so much better. getting around 70+MPG.

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
11,350 Posts
  • Wow
Reactions: bighungrybears

·
Registered
TBA
16 Posts
was gonna say, if you mean the 1.5T gas engine like the one we get in the states, it does pretty well for such a powerful engine. i'd imagine it's somewhat mediocre in the UK and europe gas mileage wise, since you have much more fuel efficient drivetrains than we do over there. you guys also had a 2.0T for the cr-v, or was that for other cars? we have the 2.0T gas engine in the accord (optional), Acura RDX (luxury version of the cr-v here), civic type R and TLX, and probably other cars i'm too lazy/tired to look up.:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Disagree that the MPG is rubbish. Mines the CVT and I can get 50mpg+ on the motorway and 30-40mpg on urban runs.
Last I checked the MPG on the CRV was like 28MPG and my civic does over 70+MPG. understand it is much bigger car, petrol and diesel is completely different.
Having gotten used to the 1.6 diesel anything else seem rubbish is MPG haha..
Apart from that it's a lovely car for the price we have got it at..

·
Registered
TBA
16 Posts
Last I checked the MPG on the CRV was like 28MPG and my civic does over 70+MPG. understand it is much bigger car, petrol and diesel is completely different.
Having gotten used to the 1.6 diesel anything else seem rubbish is MPG haha..
Apart from that it's a lovely car for the price we have got it at..
yeah, other than motorcycles, we don't have much if anything like that over here. any diesels we have had, let alone what we have left, might get 40-50 mpg, if i recall right. diesel prices are significantly higher here than gas prices, and the dieselgate debacle gave diesels a bad name (and kept VW from continuing to make them here). i believe (too lazy to check lol) bmw and mercedes are the only companies bringing diesel cars here currently. we used to have many others, but they've all disappeared. i don't think gm helped to give the diesel engine a good name here...:cry:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts