Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

I need a daily for work so got myself a Sparkle Yellow 2000 CRV... ive always wanted one as a kid and now I got the chance at owning one so took it.

its nice outside and inside surprisingly for the age and its done 124k miles but the engine seems to run fine but it did stall on me the other day when i first put my foot down after i bought it and it was in over drive and I think pasts 6 or 7k it shut off... struggled for a a second to start but now it hasn't skipped a bit and have had it for 3 days so far oh and the overdrive switch is off now after the incident so touch wood it stays reliable now although not sure what the issue is.

will get some pictures up tomorrow, there was a few other issues im hoping to get some help from one of you guys as I ant seem to find it thru search.

the remote key fob densest work even with a new battery and central locking doesn't work but i can unlock and lock the drivers door via the Key and have to use my hands to pull the knob on the other doors inside to get them open. This crv doesn't seem to have a lock/unlock button for all inside the vehicle, all my previous cars have a lock/unlock button usually next to the window controls that locks or unlocks all of the doors.

the other issue I have is that the CEL doesn't seem to work I mean it doesn't come on when i just turn the eclectics on or just before i start it so either its blown or maybe the garage has removed it and it has a massive underlying issue?? or maybe im over thinking this ha but it does seem to have been looked after well it has half main dealer service history and the rest all private

hope you guys can help with this

thanks for reading my post :)

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Did you get the maintenance records when you bought the CR-V?
If you didn't, then you need to have the engine valves adjusted right away.

Since you're in the UK, I'm not sure which side of the vehicle the remote receiver and master lock controller is on, although from looking at the diagram on lingshondaparts.com, it appears that it's on the left like the US vehicles. In the US it's in the left door, and sometimes stops working if the wiring that goes from the door into the body gets damaged.

There's a thread on this here:

http://www.crvownersclub.com/forums/14-problems-issues/120385-1999-crv-drivers-door-connetor-wires-broken.html

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you get the maintenance records when you bought the CR-V?
If you didn't, then you need to have the engine valves adjusted right away.

Since you're in the UK, I'm not sure which side of the vehicle the remote receiver and master lock controller is on, although from looking at the diagram on lingshondaparts.com, it appears that it's on the left like the US vehicles. In the US it's in the left door, and sometimes stops working if the wiring that goes from the door into the body gets damaged.

There's a thread on this here:

hey thanks for the reply,

unfortunately it has part service history... Ill get the valves looked at soon but due to work wont have time till end of the month.. hopefully it dont die on me.

and thank you for the link will look into it.. I must say this is the first vehicle I have owned that seems very flimsy ha

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
I wouldn't call a 2000 CR-V "flimsy".

I had a 1999 that I bought new and drove for 10 years, including several long road trips, one that was from Tennessee up to Bar Harbor, Maine and back, and it made it down to Key West, Florida on the overseas highway. Twice.
I sold it to a friend of mine, and he's still driving it. I haven't talked to him recently about the CR-V, but I'm pretty sure it's well over 200,000 miles.
Doing the normal fluid changes and regular maintenance will keep them running a very long time.
The only "unusual" maintenance thing on the 1997-2001 CR-Vs is the need to adjust the valves regularly.

I bought a three year old 2006 in 2009 when I sold the 1999 and drove it until I bought my 2014.
The 2006 was still going strong when I traded it in, and the dealer sold it within a week of my trading it in.
The only reason I jumped on the 2014 was because I wasn't comfortable with the idea of a CVT in the 2015 CR-V.
I've had the 2014 just over three years, and my only complaint is that the 1999 and 2006 both got better fuel mileage, although that may have been because they were both manual transmissions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts