Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've been lurking here since we got our new CRV touring last month. I've got a couple of questions on how stuff works that I can figure out and the manual is no help. I wondered if other owner experienced the same.
1) I want the compass direction to show on the top of the information screen, right now it doesn't, but every picture on the net and in the manual shows a compass direction on that screen, no where in the manual does it tell you how to make that show there. Does your CRV show the direction on that screen?
2) we have the from screen wiper de-icer. its an great feature to have up here in the land of ice and snow. my acura has it and it works great. the manual says it comes on automatically based on outside temperature. ours doesn't come on automatically. does yours come on automatically based on outside temperature?

I just wondered what other owners are experiencing? TIA

·
Registered
57 Posts
The wiper de-icer comes on based on temperature when you use Remote Start, along with seat warmers and the heated steering wheel; as soon as you turn on the car with the Start/Stop button, all of this turns off and you need to enable each feature using its respective controls.

·
Registered
190 Posts
The de-icer comes on when you hit the defrost button if not using the remote start. My question, is this when the heated side mirrors also work? I've never had heated side mirrors and there is no obvious button for them so I assume they also work in conjunction with the defrost but confirmation would be great!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know how to change to the compass on the instrument panel. I am trying to find out how to add the compass direction to the information screen, the touch screen that displays radio, hvac, phone information etc. most of the pictures in the owners manual and owners guide as well as pictures on the internet show compass direction on that screen, across the top, in a little box. I can't find anywhere in the manuals or menus where is shows how to add that. Plus if you try to go into the compass calibration like it describe in the manual on page 428 of the owners manual, it doesn't work, if you do what it says, the screen just goes blank, i.e. turns off. the picture on that same page shows what i'm looking for, it shows NW in a little box.

Also on page 63 of the owners guide it describes how the heated windshield works, its supposed to come on automatically below 4 degrees C and ours doesn't, it only comes on if I push the button. I have the same feature in my Acura and it works exactly as described, so I am pretty sure I know what its supposed to be doing, I just cant figure out how to make it happen.

I am looking for feedback from other Touring model owners to see what their experience is or how theirs works.

TIA

·
Registered
15 Posts
My guess is that the Touring (my model) doesn't have the compass because they all have the navigation included. I've looked through all the menus and haven't figured out how to turn it on. It seems weird that this would be different between models, though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm talking about this one (from the guide, page 22). It doesn't display on my Touring model.
Screen Shot 2017-03-05 at 5.37.08 PM.jpg

·
Registered
15 Posts
Also, I just noticed that in the screenshot from the manual, it's a navigation-equipped system and it still shows the compass there, so I don't know what's up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
if you look at any of the on-line reviews and road tests, they were all done with a Touring model with NAV and they all show the compass direction on the information screen. But I cant find a way to get it to display on mine. has anyone had any luck getting to the compass calibration screen? I wonder if there was some sort pre mass production update done that inadvertently disabled that display.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts