Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have always been a fan of forums because members always have great information.
I just leased a 2018 EX yesterday in Stockton, just south of Sacramento. I had a neighbor that worked for red carpet leasing, Ford, and he would always tell me how to deal auto salesman.
Mostly I just bought older cars and worked on them myself.
This is the first new car I have had since my 2003 Saturn. I gave it to my daughter for her 20th birthday so she could go to college. All it took was one car from a side road and it shattered the
plastic. She was fine but the car didnt survive.

I retired 8 years ago on disability. I was a maintenance mechanic at a rebar facility. I kept my Subaru/Vanagon and S10 running but can climb around on them like I used to. The S10 blew the trans a month after I rebuilt the engine and Im selling the Van. I needed a new car and could only afford 200 a month.
After a month of research I ended up at the Honda dealer. 7 hours to buy a car.
Drove off with the 2018 CRV EX AWD. I had forgotten what it felt like to drive a car that you didnt need to constantly look for somewhere to pull over should it die in its tracks.

Well, Im sure Ill have plenty of questions, like CVT maint, aftermarket parts like floormats, etc

Chris

·
Registered
2007 EX-L Front Wheel Drive with Navigation.
638 Posts
Welcome Chris!

I went from a 1977 Chevy Nova ( bought brand new) to a 2007 Ex-L with talking navigation. I had accumulated 568,000 on my Chevy. The last 20 years I was always wondering if my Nova would be breaking down. I replaced everything on the Nova. Once I bought the CRV I could finally relax and go on road trips. I love road trips but I couldn't go on them druving my Nova.

I sold my Nova to a high school math teacher that fell in love with it. It was really hard letting that Chevy go. The CRV has been such a great car to drive. I have taken numerous toad trips and I am finally seeing all the different parts of Texas.

Please post pictures. Love seeing our neighbors CRV.

·
Registered
'18 CR-V Ex-L AWD & '13 CR-V Ex-L AWD
1,656 Posts
You'll love your new '18 more each day. Just follow your owner's manual and all will be well. Be sure to go to www.owners.honda.com and find the link to get the 600+ page owners manual mailed to you free if you order within 6 months of new car ownership. It's also available on that sited in pdf format for free too and that is handy to have. Get both. Best of luck, JimBob

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
Wow, a Vanaru! Cool - that's a project I always wanted to try, but like you I am now old and decrepit. No more projects for me. I passed that addiction down to my eldest son, who has a wall of trophies and a bug and a bus. The best floor mats are the Weathertecs, by far. Enjoy the new ride! GIve us your first impressions, and some pictures!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.