Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New guy alert. Names Brandon. Just bought my first rd1. 1998 crv awd 5 speed. The cars got 247xxx miles on the chassis and 60k on the new used motor (supposedly). Scored the car for 3200 with a lot of new parts. Timing chain and water pump done at the time of the swap. The swaps from the jdm crv. New shocks, front ucas, new tie rods inner and outer, front lca, front ball joints, front brakes and rear drums. A.c works great. It has almost no rust especially the undercarriage. I'm in Nebraska and that's hard to find. The car been repainted silver. It's not the best paint job. I can see stripes. The trim has all been repainted black. Overall it looks pretty good. I've got some plans for cleaning it up. I want to repaint the door handles, door trim and mirrors silver. Restore the headlights. And either lift or lower it. In learning towards lowering it. I've always loved these rd1s on tl type s wheels. Plus I like lowered cars. I've got a widebody s13 in the garage with a pretty mean stance. The 240 is pretty much completely rebuilt aside from swapping it. I've actually got a set of lexus is250 wheels laying around I test fitted today. They're 17x8 +45s. I actually like the look of them on the crv besides it looking like a damn monster truck lol I'll post a picture of the wheels on it for reference for anyone else on the interwebs to see.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's the is250 wheels. I had to throw some 25mm hubcentric spacers on the test fit because the inner wheel hub of the wheel is too small of a diameter to fit over the hub of the crv. If I run these all get extended studs and run a 5mm spacer. Probably step up to a 225/50/17 tire too.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts