Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2019 EX
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In 2017 honda put a cool new volume buton on the stering wheel. It let you slide your finger up or down to raise or lower the volume. My 17 had it but my 19 doesn't, bolth are EX trim level. If any body knows the reason for it's removal please let me know.

·
Registered
922 Posts
If I recall correctly this feature can be enabled/disabled through the head unit.

Perhaps in the '19 it's disabled...

·
Registered
80 Posts
If I recall correctly this feature can be enabled/disabled through the head unit.

OP would still be able to see the slider.

Personally I did disable it since I would accidentally hit it and when I did want to use it the adjustments wouldn't be accurate enough.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
I'm going to guess that it was removed because people were inadvertently doing the swipe-down-to-mute gesture and then wondering what was wrong with their stereo. Personally, I rarely use it as a touch control; it's not very precise, and if I want to shut up the stereo, I just push the volume knob.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
In 2017 honda put a cool new volume buton on the stering wheel. It let you slide your finger up or down to raise or lower the volume. My 17 had it but my 19 doesn't, bolth are EX trim level. If any body knows the reason for it's removal please let me know.
Same guys that complain about oil and gas smells
Felt their sensitive hands brushed against it too much
Once their hands healed ... they wrote honda and they scrapped it.

·
Super Moderator
1997, 2002, 2017 my expertese lies there
3,102 Posts
Well maybe all that complaining about no control knob on the actual radio. they said might as well shut it all up take thesteer gone.. what does your Owners manual SAY

·
Super Moderator
1997, 2002, 2017 my expertese lies there
3,102 Posts
well you got the book to blame then.

·
Registered
866 Posts

We also have an '18 Honda Clarity, it has the slider control like the '17 CRV but.... The slider is disabled.... With no setting in HU to enable... So it looks like we achieved slider design bingo with all possible combinations, some quite illogical.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
763 Posts
The one good thing Honda did was get rid of it. I tried it at first but kept hitting it when making a turn so I disabled it. Was on my dlr lot today and they have a ton of new crvs but not one in the pukey Olive color. Did they discontinue that as well. Hope so.

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
3,933 Posts
I have never used the volume control on my 2017. It looked like trouble to me so I avoided it completely.

Honestly.. the steering wheel controls on gen-5 CRV are OK.. but I really like the controls on the current 10th generation Accord much better. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcMjkl-4w-k I wish we had this on the CRV.. as well as the Accords HU.

·
Registered
763 Posts
The one good thing Honda did was get rid of it. I tried it at first but kept hitting it when making a turn so I disabled it. Was on my dlr lot today and they have a ton of new crvs but not one in the pukey Olive color. Did they discontinue that as well. Hope so.
Nope, just checked the website and the Olive color is still there. Guess some like it. BTW, why do we need three shades of gray offered? I can't tell the diff b/w Gunmetal and Modern Steel. I'm starting to sound like Andy Rooney aren't I?

·
Registered
2017 CRV EX-L FWD
362 Posts
Nope, just checked the website and the Olive color is still there. Guess some like it. BTW, why do we need three shades of gray offered? I can't tell the diff b/w Gunmetal and Modern Steel. I'm starting to sound like Andy Rooney aren't I?
andy-rooney-4013.jpg .............:BigGrin:

·
Registered
2018 CR-V EX-L FWD Modern Steel Metallic
1,102 Posts
I'm the odd one out on this one. I really like the sliding control on mine. :applause:

·
Registered
763 Posts
I don't think it was a question of not knowing how to use it, it just was prone to accidentally being touched while turning the wheel. If you use it fine, if you don't fine, I don't care.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts