Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is a new tensioner pulley suppose to have spin slower (or show some resistance) compared to a worn pulley? I know that's a rule of thumb on BMW puleys but not sure everyones experience on Honda.

Thanks!

·
Registered
895 Posts
Worn bearings tend to roll easier than new ones. As long as it isn't hard to turn the new one, it should be fine.

·
Everything in Moderation
7,918 Posts
I agree with the above.

That said, make SURE that any aftermarket pulley isn't 'dragging' on adjacent parts (or it's mounting hub) when installed. We needed to install washers on one that we bought for our Fit. :mad:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well i bought an oem kit that came with a new tensioner but to install it, I had to remove the pulley and reinstall it from the tensioner torqued it down it by 41lb ft per manual... The pulley turns smoothly by hand and does not have any sort of play like my old one.

But compared to the old tensioner and pulley that is now off the car which can spin freely once I spin it by hand, it seems a bit odd...

·
Registered
895 Posts
Bearings can be deceiving. Sometimes when you take the load off of them they seem fine. Load it and it back up and they start making noise again. But even without a load, if they make even a little noise they are usually shot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts