Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In looking through the threads, there was nothing really recent about this so I figured I'd ask. Anyhow, I recently moved to New England and need some new tires. My CR-V is 2 wheel drive and still has its original tires on it. Having lived in Southern California for the last few years, it's been a while since I've driven in snow and I certainly didn't need tires that really even needed to get wet. But, as you know, the weather up here is a bit different.

So, what would be recommended for a good all season tire (I don't have the time or effort to get winter and summer tires)? Price really isn't an issue, but I would like them to stay reasonable.

·
Registered
110 Posts
H/L Alenza tires by Bridgestone Dueler; I have them on my 08 AWD and they are awesome

same neck of the woods as you too!

·
Registered
7 Posts
In looking through the threads, there was nothing really recent about this so I figured I'd ask. Anyhow, I recently moved to New England and need some new tires. My CR-V is 2 wheel drive and still has its original tires on it. Having lived in Southern California for the last few years, it's been a while since I've driven in snow and I certainly didn't need tires that really even needed to get wet. But, as you know, the weather up here is a bit different.

So, what would be recommended for a good all season tire (I don't have the time or effort to get winter and summer tires)? Price really isn't an issue, but I would like them to stay reasonable.
Check out the TireRack.com website and look at the "surveys" section. Great info that will tell you how owners say tires perform in all conditions.

Hankook Optimo H727 is a new all-season tire that's getting rave reviews. Consumer Reports tested it, and out of 23 all-season tires, it got the top ranking in snow and ice traction, better than the Michelin Hydro-edge and the Goodyear Triple-Tred. I bought a set for my mom's AWD Suzuki, and in some aggressive test drives I'm impressed. The things have amazing wet traction, though we haven't had snow yet. I flung the car around in an empty, wet parking lot and couldn't get the tires to break loose. Plus they're very reasonably priced on Tire Rack.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Oops, I see the Hankook H727 is not made in your size. According to Tire Rack surveys, the Michelin Latitude Tour has the best winter performance for your tire size, followed by the Bridgestone Dueller Alenza.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Bridgestone Alenza

I just bought the Bridgestone Alenza after doing lots of research, they are as good as the Michelin Latitude or better, at least better on the snow and cheaper.

Just got them a week ago and so far are great, I am waiting for the snow in a few days to see how they do.

Many guys said got 60 to 80,000 miles; I'll be happy if I get 50K.

Costco has a $70 off sale.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts