Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all, as the title states I'm a longtime Honda owner (4 Accords and a TSX) and after a trip with the wife, we rented an SUV (Santa Fe if it matters). I liked sitting up a big higher and the tailgate with more storage space. So I headed down to my local Honda dealer to see if there was a way I could get out of my '18 Accord Sport lease. Well I'm here, so I think that answers that...

Ok, so to my point, I love the CR-V. I got an EX-L/AWD (I actually didn't want the AWD, but that's all they had and seeing as it was my fifth car from this place, they gave it to me for the FWD price). I do love it. It's got several options that my Accord Sport didn't have. But...I do want to make it a bit sportier. I don't want it to look like a "Mom Car" (as my Mother so affectionately put it), but don't want to break the bank doing so.

So far I've tinted the passenger/driver windows to match the others. And I've added body side molding.

Open to options, but was considering the chrome exhaust tips and possibly roof rails. I dunno, though. Any other ideas to give this more of an "edge" and not your typical CR-V? I realize it's all subjective, but figured I'd ask and maybe you all have some tips that I'd not thought of. I do mountain bike, but adding a trailer hitch seems a bit much.

Thanks in advance for any help/input you can offer.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
carid.com might be a place to start.
Looks like they carry a dual chrome exhaust tip, and a couple of replacement front grills, plus lots of chrome accent pieces.

Warning: I do not work for them, nor do I remember ever doing business with them, so do not consider this a recommendation.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,809 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Open to options, but was considering the chrome exhaust tips and possibly roof rails. I dunno, though. Any other ideas to give this more of an "edge" and not your typical CR-V? I realize it's all subjective, but figured I'd ask and maybe you all have some tips that I'd not thought of. I do mountain bike, but adding a trailer hitch seems a bit much.

Change your fog light to LED. This might just squeak into 'sporty' but for ~$20 and an hour or so you can look better at night.

Tint is a great idea.

There's those extra OEM Crv badges that go on the front side panels. I think they're ugly, but different at least. You don't seem them in the wild very much.

Buy an RDX tailgate turbo badge off eBay and slap it on.

If you want to go nuts get on AliExpress and look at the Crv trim add-ons there. There's tons you can theoretically do for cheap.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,809 Posts
Many Gen5 owners have installed TURBO badges (from Acuras) on the rear tailgate.

Reactions: joggernot

·
Registered
161 Posts
You should check out replacing front and rear bumpers to sporty style, check out the links below

There are many options you can do on the CRV exterior to make it sporty, browse around on the links above and you'll find the answer

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Yes, the 1.5L engine in the 2019 CR-V EX and EX-L trims do have a turbo.
The 2.4L engine in the LX does not have a turbo.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Consider adding a bull bar and/or nerf bars or running boards. I'll let you do your research; just make sure the bull bar doesn't block any sensors.

·
Registered
2017 EX White Diamond Pearl
171 Posts
Howdy all, as the title states I'm a longtime Honda owner (4 Accords and a TSX) and after a trip with the wife, we rented an SUV (Santa Fe if it matters). I liked sitting up a big higher and the tailgate with more storage space. So I headed down to my local Honda dealer to see if there was a way I could get out of my '18 Accord Sport lease. Well I'm here, so I think that answers that...

Ok, so to my point, I love the CR-V. I got an EX-L/AWD (I actually didn't want the AWD, but that's all they had and seeing as it was my fifth car from this place, they gave it to me for the FWD price). I do love it. It's got several options that my Accord Sport didn't have. But...I do want to make it a bit sportier. I don't want it to look like a "Mom Car" (as my Mother so affectionately put it), but don't want to break the bank doing so.

So far I've tinted the passenger/driver windows to match the others. And I've added body side molding.

"Sporty" is in the eye of the beholder............

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I added the "Turbo" badge which I guess adds something. I got it for free from the Acura dealer as they said it had a scratch on it (I couldn't find it). I also added the sport chrome exhaust tips/finishers on there as well. So it's getting there.

And yes I realize it's my car and only what I think what constitutes "sporty" is up to me, but I'd at least thought a suggestion might be offered. I guess not.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts