Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, glad to be here. Thanks for having me. Some of you have probably seen my SN on one of the MANy other Honda/acura related forums I'm on. Just picked up a 99 CR-V EX Auto for the wife. Figured I'd register and bum around while skimming the classifieds for rare OEM parts LOL.

I picked her up for $2300 OTR. 186XXX miles. Interior looks like no one ever sat in it besides the floor mats being worn in the usual spots and having some spilled soda looking stains. Compression tested 185 across the board.

Since I got it I've had a set of 215/70 R15 Yokohama Geolandars installed, replaced the heater blower motor, fan, and resistor, upgraded the speakers, got a set of headrests off eBay (that were from the wrong damn color interior LOL), replaced the drivers front bumper reflector, replaced the front lower exhaust guard bar, changed the rear diff fluid (got rid of the u-turn rumble) changed the oil, flushed and cleaned the radiator/coolant system, tightened the throttle cable, and tightened all the loose roof rack bolts.

Still on the agenda are a new valve cover gasket, a billet cam seal, and a valve adjustment. She runs GREAT. Wish it was a 5 speed though.

Tried to post a pic of the day I brought her home, but I gotta wait til I get to 5 posts. Gotta take some updated pics to post with it too.

I keep telling myself I'm not gonna do anything to it... as I'm looking for a JDM center console/armrest, a milano red WW style spoiler, some red JDM CR-V mudflaps, JDM or WeatherTech window visors, and an OEM 08U35-S10-101 cargo cover, all while contemplating making a sub box for the cargo area LOL.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome.

Aside from the stuff I listed above the only thing I'm currently contemplating is a set of OME lift springs and a winch for when I realize this thing wasn't meant for the trails LOL.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Congratulations, that is a nice looking gen1 especially for the mileage.
Not meant for the trails ?? Well my friend with some good all terrains the CRV is good for mild trails unless you are looking at serious mud bogging or rock crawling. Gen1 has an advantage of good ground clearance as well.
Last weekend I was on a trail (gravel, small rocks with inclines, broken branches) on my gen3 (7.5 inches clearance with taller tires). couple of guys in lifted pickup trucks were looking at me disapprovingly initially but later on were surprised at how well my crv did.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Congratulations, that is a nice looking gen1 especially for the mileage.
Not meant for the trails ?? Well my friend with some good all terrains the CRV is good for mild trails unless you are looking at serious mud bogging or rock crawling. Gen1 has an advantage of good ground clearance as well.
Last weekend I was on a trail (gravel, small rocks with inclines, broken branches) on my gen3 (7.5 inches clearance with taller tires). couple of guys in lifted pickup trucks were looking at me disapprovingly initially but later on were surprised at how well my crv did.
LOL, my dad has a gen 2 and we've been giving each other a lot of gruff about seeing who will get stuck first. I figure with a winch I'll win every time no matter what LOL.

Got some pics of his and some updated/better ones of mine.

Here's pop's with his aftermarket roof rack and the Subaru OEM E361SAJ200 extended locking cargo box he scored for $90 at a yard sale LOL.

And updated pics of mine/wifey's

Put an OEM Integra exhaust tip I had lying around on too.

It needs tint BAD! Other than that it's been nothing but a pleasure. Passed inspection needing nothing but a brake pedal cover. The state inspector said, "I don't know where ya got it but, it's the cleanest 99 CR-V I've seen since 99," LOL. That made me feel pretty good.

·
Registered
442 Posts
It needs tint BAD! Other than that it's been nothing but a pleasure. Passed inspection needing nothing but a brake pedal cover. The state inspector said, "I don't know where ya got it but, it's the cleanest 99 CR-V I've seen since 99," LOL. That made me feel pretty good.
Ha ha, nice ! It sure is very clean. Waiting to see it lifted ...
makes me sad that there is no real lift option for Gen3 :(

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Old Man Emu springs gotta wait... just got hit for $393.00 in tax, tags, and title transfer. MD got me good LOL.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts