Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone

Picked up a new less then 55 miles on it Modern Metallic Steel 2015 Honda CRV EX-L last night.

This is my first time as a Honda owner as the last 2 cars and 6 or 7 years have all been the Toyota Rav 4. Though I was happy with the Rav's I can say that the 2012 Limited that I just traded in was kinda "empty feeling" with more than a bit of road noise. Still a little up in the air with going from a 6 cylinder to a 4 cylinder, though my initial impression is that the CRV isn't too far off from the Rav's power (just my opinion at the moment)

Obviously haven't had a lot of time with the CRV yet but so far it just feels right. Not overly thrilled with the lack of storage .... I thought the Rav had none! The CRV has less!!

Initially was going to go with a 2015 or 2016 Rav limited but we left the Toyota dealer after the basic "bait and switch," we have 2015's in stock, OOPS! Now that your here "sorry we sold the last 2015 but we'll be aggressive on prices for the 2016!!" Well their aggressive was..... we're staying at sticker price giving you little to nothing for the trade. After an hour and a half of "the game" we left and went to the Honda dealer where the test drive took longer then the negotiations for a deal that I comfortable with. Can't really say enough about how smooth it was to work the deal with Honda.

Cheers

Opieos

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I hate when dealerships do that bait and switch. When I was looking for a second car it was right whe nthe new Fit came out. I looked at it online and the local dealership showed 5. When I got there they didn't have any. I ended up getting a Civic with one hell of a deal, so no complaints here. Welcome to the Honda family.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Welcome and congratulations. We like our '15 more every month, and appreciate the '90 and '99 Accords ours sons drive as well.
Kevin

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Welcome Opi.

You can expect the same reliability with your new Honda as your Rav4 gave you. Two great brands.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Opie - I'm surprised you gave them 90 minutes - I think I might have 10 minutes before running out of patience !! Welcome, enjoy, ask whatever whenever. BTW, loved you on the Andy Griffith Show !! Craig

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Welcome to the CR-V family! It is amazing how some dealerships can be so good to buy a car from and others the opposite. Glad you found a good one too. We've had our '15 Ex-L Fwd for one year now and at 11,565 miles; loved it then and now even more. All good all the time! Enjoy your new wheels! Take time to read your manual. Friendly folks here are happy to help you when needed too.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Welcome to the forum and the world of Honda owners.
Perhaps you could give us a brief report now and then of how your V is faring, anything you've done to it, etc.

I'm on my third Honda...first was an '88 Civic, drove like a go cart, so much fun. Never had a problem with it. Wound up having to sell it as I could no longer find parts for it for repairs...I also have an '04 Accord EX...until the 2012 CRV we bought last spring it was the best car I've ever owned and I've owned three brand new cars that could not compete the the Accord which I bought used back in '08. We love our 2012 CRV LX...I would have preferred the EX but this is one sweet ride.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Great to hear your new CR-V never failed to impress you, congrats! Ours been good family hauler and didn't failed when it comes to power.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts