Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. We have purchased a 2003 CR-V LX FWD for our daughter. It is a project car that needs some work, which of course is how I found this forum. I am not new to working on vehicles, US built or Asian built. I have experience with Subaru, replacing CV Joints and engine repair. I am in the process of rebuilding the engine from my wife's Tribeca. Now, I have added the CR-V to the mix of repairs. I am sure that I am going to have specific questions, but I will try to post them in the appropriate threads.

My list so far includes:
Idle issues
Bad CV Joints
Driver's door will not work with key nor key fob
Key fob does everything but unlock the other 3 doors

Thanks, I look forward to sharing the progress with the group.

Donny

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
4,918 Posts
Hi. We have purchased a 2003 CR-V LX FWD for our daughter. It is a project car that needs some work, which of course is how I found this forum. I am not new to working on vehicles, US built or Asian built. I have experience with Subaru, replacing CV Joints and engine repair. I am in the process of rebuilding the engine from my wife's Tribeca. Now, I have added the CR-V to the mix of repairs. I am sure that I am going to have specific questions, but I will try to post them in the appropriate threads.

My list so far includes:
Idle issues
Bad CV Joints
Driver's door will not work with key nor key fob
Key fob does everything but unlock the other 3 doors

Thanks, I look forward to sharing the progress with the group.

Donny

Welcome to the forum. :)

You definitely came to the right place to get tips and ideas for addressing your list of issues. Lots of experience here in the forum to draw upon.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
You are much more "certified" than me regarding the mechanical work but try if the fob needs a double click for opening the rest of the doors. I had one car (can't recall which one) requiring that.

Reactions: Dbshouston

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You are much more "certified" than me regarding the mechanical work but try if the fob needs a double click for opening the rest of the doors. I had one car (can't recall which one) requiring that.
Yeah, that was my wife's idea, but alas, no go. Thanks though, you never know when you might overlook something simple. I am more certifiable than certified, lol.

Donny

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
In the 2001 and earlier CR-Vs the remote entry receiver was in the driver's door and sometimes the wires that pass from the driver's door into the body got damaged, and the other doors wouldn't unlock with the remotes.

I think there's an easy way to test that. The driver's door has a toggle switch/button that locks and unlocks the doors. Does it unlock the other doors?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts