Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got a new honda vehicle thru financing here in one of the dealers in ontario, my question is, how long does it take for us to pick up our car? They told us that they have to get the car from another dealer because they have no stock with the color we wanted. please enlighten us on this one because its our first time to buy a honda car and would like to have a happy experinece with it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Not long if there is one available close by. I had mine within 3 hours but there are several dealerships in the area where I live here in Texas

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the insights. to follow up with another question. how many kilometers is acceptable for the car to have when picking it up from the dealership? they said that they had to road test ot etca nd they said they have driven it from the dealrship they got it. and how would you break in the car properly? stick with the low rpms or give it a little bit of stretch and and do a hard break in from time to time?

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
It should not be more than 80 kilometers. For breaking it in. Drive it gently if possible do not use the A/C. Drive it in low rpms. Just be sure you vary the RPMs. The first 1000kms Is very crifitcal. Do not do sudden acceleration. Are you financing it or leasing it? Be sure you do get the code for the radio.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have worked for dealers for years and really the new cars don't need a break in period like the older ones did. Just drive it and enjoy it. That's my advise .

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
I have worked for dealers for years and really the new cars don't need a break in period like the older ones did. Just drive it and enjoy it. That's my advise .
+10,000 Just drive it.

·
Registered
579 Posts
It should not be more than 80 kilometers. For breaking it in. Drive it gently if possible do not use the A/C. Drive it in low rpms. Just be sure you vary the RPMs. The first 1000kms Is very crifitcal. Do not do sudden acceleration.............
Don't scare the new owner. Too late anyway if the vehicle is being driven from another dealer.

samg and tmcgee have it right.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
There is no acceptable mileage for a new car. Your 3/36 goes from the time it was out in service. So say the car had 1,001 miles on it new when picked up, the inservice date would be the day you picked it up so that starts your 3 yrs. they would then put the inservice mileage at 1,001 miles taking you to actually 37,001 miles in the new car warranty.

It's not uncommon for dealers to do dealer trades as sounds to be your situation. Your dealer Didnt have what you wanted but another did, so the dealer you went to is now aquirring the one you really wanted. You could have pulled your deal and just went to the other dealer that had the one you wanted and gotten that day. It could take a day to a week depending upon the distance between the dealers and what the dealerships have going on.

Sorry to say there is no set time or mileage. They got your name on the dotted line and that's what all sales people care about and only about. Your now in a contract for that vehicle.

And as others stated, just drive it. Isn't that what vehicles are made for? Also the radio code should be on a card with everything in the owners manual packet in the glove box. Never in my years at working at a dealer did we have an issue.

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
the radio code should be on a card with everything in the owners manual packet in the glove box. Never in my years at working at a dealer did we have an issue.
My sales guy had the good sense to write the radio code on the cover of the Owner's Manual. This is the first vehicle I ever had to deal with that, so it was much appreciated.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
There should be a white credit card lookin item in with the owners manual. I bet it's there if ya look its there and where he got the code from so you wouldn't have to look for card.

My 09 Civic EX card and my 99 Lude card.

I've never bought a Honda that didnt have this.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks again for the replies,still havent gotten my crv from the dealer. but they said it should be ready for the pick up whenever they have the cert of insurance. well as you guys said, im having a little bit of a problem dealing with the people in the dealers. its our first car from honda and we hope we will not be further disappointed and dissatisfied with everything. lots to tell still regarding how we were dealt upon by the dealership. kinda disappointing really. for now, we just look forward to have an enjoyable and safety ride. thanks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.