Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a new CR-V EX-L last week and we are still getting used to it. We like it so far but find the driver info on the dashboard and the infotainment screen rather cluttered with no way to de-clutter that I have found. Do have one question, though. When the fuel econ info is up on the Driver Info dashboard, what is the rectangle guaged from 0 to 40 to 80 supposed to represent? It appears to have something to do with acceleration/fuel economy but I was unable to find out from either the printed or downloaded manuals.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Its giving u live mpg based on pedal compression. So if your going down hill and off the gas you’ll get better mpg than if you are flooring it

·
Registered
9 Posts
For help with Honda features check out HondaPro Jason videos on Youtube. Here is one:

This video may not cover how to customize your display, but I saw one of his videos for a different model of Honda that did. I think they are all similar. I do remember the one I saw showed him getting rid of the RPM gauge, you may like that. I think you do that by using the infotainment head and click on the vehicle tab. I set our Ridgeline up so long ago, I can't remember. When we bought our CRV Touring just a week or so ago our salesman quickly went through some of the features and set them to our liking. I'm sure there will be further settings we will want adjusted down the road. You might want to go back to your dealer and ask for help.

For my own part, I just look at the digital speed reading and ignore most everything else. I do use all the safety features including LKAS and ACC which adds white lines and following distance to the instrument cluster display.. But like I said, just pay attention to the speed. I cut my teeth on the display with our 2018 Ridgeline and am very used to it now. When we use navigation via our phones such as Waze, the center instrument cluster display will change and show turn by turn directions so you don't have to look at the infotainment head.

We don't use econ mode, so can't help you with whatever the display looks like at that time.

When driving, we keep the infotainment head in garmin map mode, or Waze mode when our phones are hooked up so the infotainment head's purpose pertains to our active driving situation and not information that can be looked at later when the car is parked. We also might have it in entertainment mode if looking for radio stations.

You might want to order for free the full drivers manual via the internet.

·
1,936 Posts
Welcome to the forum! For best results, post this in the Gen 5 Section. Also, is your new ride a 2019 or 2020?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to all above for your comments/explanations about my 2019 CRV. My previous car was a 2014 Cadillac ATS which had a very plain, almost stark, DIC and info screen. It will just take some getting used to the "cram all you can on the screen" view of the Honda!

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Like @Edw says, find one of those Honda Pro Jason YouTube videos. The two I viewed were showing how to customize your dash display.

As much info as my 2009 CR-Vs gives me, there are times I just like getting behind the simple analog gauges in our 2004 Civic. They do the job.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts