Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, just bought my wife an 07 exl awd with 105,000 car is beautiful and runs great , however this is my first honda and a few things I'm a bit leery about...I've noticed twice in 1 month when driving at slow speeds like say a neighborhood or city street and I barely am touching the gas pedal, 2 times the car has stated bouncing ( bouncing as in not jerking and not bucking but like going over very soft rumble strips almost so suddle the other passengers would barely notice) I would compare it to a vehicle with warped rotors coming to a stop but not as violent...it will imediatly stop if I speed up or let off completely, other than that the car runs flawlessly and shifts like it's brand new...anyy thought or insight into this? I have done plenty of research and am only seeing things related to transmission problems but nothing matches my exact problem and like I said the car shifts to smooth and perfect to have an ploblems any help is greatly appreciated

·
Everything in Moderation
7,625 Posts
X2 on Craig's suggestion.

Most likely you have a bad tire (separated belt, or bulge). (No issues with balance at parking lot speeds)
One check would be to jack up each tire and spin it...look for out of round or the tread varying left to right.

These issues could be the result of pothole damage in the past. They don't always show up right away.

Please note that with RT-AWD CR-Vs it is always recommended to replace tires in complete sets....If the used car was a recent Certified purchase, you may be able to get tires under warranty. (We bought a Certified vehicle once, with less-than-promised tread depth on two tires... and they replaced all four). :cool:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the suggestions, tires seem fine at all speeds and look almost new and like i said it doesn't always happen only 2 times in a little over a month, I checked the trans fluid today here were my steps: car started and let idle until operating temp (one mark below half way) left in park, removed trans stick, wiped clean, put it back then removed and the fluid level was litterly a hair past the bottom dot (above) I know this is considered ok but is that on the low side. ..car is bone dry underneath so no leaks...should I add a little bit...just trying to keep everything running for as long as possible

·
Registered
10 Posts
Might just be downshifting as you slow down. ( If you have an auto trans) Watch the tach for engine speed change.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I would do a tranny fluid change if it has been a while (or never). Also look at your suspension parts as well... struts, sway bar bushings etc. Make sure that they are all in good shape. A tire balance / belt issue would present itself more frequently than not. It may be worth having them rebalanced just to rule it out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
What are the best reasonable tires?

I have a 2011 CR-V EXL and just got it back from sitting in a dealers lot waiting for air-bag replacement. Had snow tires when I brought it in and now need new either summer or all season tires. Purchased it just last year so haven't needed reg tires till now. What kind are suggested that are good tires and reasonable?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts