Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as mentioned in my introduction thread, I just purchased an '08 w/ 158k mi. Most of the service records pulled by CarFax is from Valvoline, so I'm going to assume nothing on the Honda schedule was done. I've done so research on this forum as to what should be done, and sounds pretty simple, but I didn't think about the valves when I inspected, and in retrospect they were rather quiet. Should I be worried, and I'm just going to ask honda to do the adjustment, and it's just fine, again assuming 160k and they've never been adjusted.

I plan on doing all fluids: oil, trans (flushed/filled), coolant (flushed/filled), brake, and diff. Also going to have them adjust the valves, replace the spark plugs, inspect drive belt, and I'll change the air filters. Any other recommendations? Anything else I should inspect before accepting the car? Thanks!:)

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
So as mentioned in my introduction thread, I just purchased an '08 w/ 158k mi. Most of the service records pulled by CarFax is from Valvoline, so I'm going to assume nothing on the Honda schedule was done. I've done so research on this forum as to what should be done, and sounds pretty simple, but I didn't think about the valves when I inspected, and in retrospect they were rather quiet. Should I be worried, and I'm just going to ask honda to do the adjustment, and it's just fine, again assuming 160k and they've never been adjusted.

I plan on doing all fluids: oil, trans (flushed/filled), coolant (flushed/filled), brake, and diff. Also going to have them adjust the valves, replace the spark plugs, inspect drive belt, and I'll change the air filters. Any other recommendations? Anything else I should inspect before accepting the car? Thanks!:)
Welcome! I think you have a pretty good list of things to do. The only recommendation I have is just do a simple drain and fill of the transmission fluid, not a flush. Post some pics of the new ride!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts