Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
Today is a very special day for me. I get to pick up my very first CR-V! I have owned many Honda's in my 20 years on Earth, but have been wanting
a CR-V for a while now. My other rides are a 1989 Civic Wagovan and a 2003 Silverado 2500hd. The V I'm buying has 149k miles and a number of misfire codes. I'm hoping a
valve adjustment will take care of the issue. The body looks to be in excellent shape. Can't go wrong for $400 right?
I'm looking forward to wrenching on this V and glad there is a forum dedicated to it. Pictures will come soon.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Welcome!

Once you have it check the misfire codes and then yes, adjust the valves!
My only concern is that they ran the engine long enough after the codes were first set that the valves are in really bad shape, and you'll need to pull the head and replace one or more valves. :(

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Finally had the time to get over and really check this thing out. I received EXCELLENT news: The valve adjustment took care of the rough idle issue. One of the spark plug wires was torn, causing the worst misfire. My next step will be timing belt, plugs, wires, rotor/cap, and all fluids. Hooray

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.