Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I just got a 2006 LX AWD and wanted to introduce myself.

My name is Juan, I'm originally from Argentina but I've lived in California for almost 20 years. I love Hondas since I bought a brand new Civic in 1998. I sold this car in 2012, and only because between 2012 and 2014 my girlfriend and I drove our 1989 Volkswagen Westfalia from San Francisco to the tip of Patagonia. So I guess I consider myself a VW guy too.

We are now back in the Bay Area, and while I still have the van, I wanted something reliable, cheaper to operate and a bit newer than the Westy. I went for a 2006 CRV because I prefer that body style to the newer one (I drive a VW van, I like boxy things!), the price was right, and I know that as long as they are given gas and oil Hondas tend to never die.

I've only spent a day with the CRV, but I love it already. It seems like it is a no-nonsense car: not an extreme amount of automatic or electronic features, seems relatively easy to work on, and it looks awesome. I think I'm going to enjoy this car.

I'm not expecting to contribute much unless someone goes off topic and wants to talk about flat-four, rear engine vehicles, but I'll probably be lurking a bit and wanted to say hi and thanks in advance for the information on CRVs.

Here are a couple of photos of the 2006, along with a link to out Panamerican trip blog: http://www.vanenvan.com

IMG_4253.jpg
IMG_4256.jpg

·
Registered
576 Posts
Welcome Juan!

Nice looking CRV! Is that color Borrego Beige? I am sure it is and that is the color of my 2007. My 2007 is 3rd generation and they do look somewhat different with that one year span. Apparently, CRV's sell so well because I notice so many of them on the road and all generations.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Welcome to forum, Juan. I have a grey 2005 CR-V. Also think boxy generation 2 is cool. The sand color is beautiful.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts