Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2015 CR-V EX-L with Nav, AWD
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. New to the forum and new to CRV ownership. Just wanted to get everyone’s opinion on something. I recently purchased a 2015 EX-L with Nav AWD with 64k miles on it (has 67k now). Should I have the transmission fluid and rear diff fluids changed since I don’t know if it has been done previously, or does the MM typically not come on for these prior to this mileage. Also, when viewing upcoming MM info, it says I’m 70% with A126 coming up.

Thanks for any help.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
9,050 Posts
Welcome to the CRVOC!

Should I have the transmission fluid and rear diff fluids changed since I don’t know if it has been done previously
We always recommend that to used car purchasers. It is cheap insurance. Replace brake fluid too, and inspect engine air and cabin filters.

At your mileage, both diff & trans fluids should come up every 30K miles.

·
Registered
2014 CRV EX-L FWD
305 Posts
Before I change it I would ask the local Honda service department to look up its history. If Honda has performed the job there'd be a record of it.
If still unknown then Yes, have the fluids and filters changed - by the Honda dealer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Before I change it I would ask the local Honda service department to look up its history. If Honda has performed the job there'd be a record of it.
If still unknown then Yes, have the fluids and filters changed - by the Honda dealer.
is there a chance there is a record at the Honda dealer for service if the CarFax didn’t show one?
Also, do you know if all Honda dealer records are shared? The car spent most its time on the other end of Texas from where I live.

·
Registered
2014 CRV EX-L FWD
305 Posts
I don't know if carfax checks dealers records but Honda shares its service records with other Honda dealers - who can access it when quaried.

·
Super Moderator
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,111 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Yes, CarFax does include dealer records. Where are you in Texas? Please update your Avatar information with location and vehicle info, on your Account Settings page.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome to the forum! Yes, CarFax does include dealer records. Where are you in Texas? Please update your Avatar information with location and vehicle info, on your Account Settings page.
Thank you for the welcoming. I’m down in Harlingen (Rio Grande Valley).

I may still call the dealer just to inquire as I need to ask them about the cost to fix TSB 15-046 anyway (Vibration when in D and stopped). Unfortunately, the carfax didn’t show much of anything, but the car is really clean and I want to make sure I get any some items that can often be deferred by previous owners up to date.

·
Registered
2013 Honda CR-V EX-L Navi FWD
61 Posts
Welcome! Just change it easy to do transmission fluid (maybe do transmission filter too), no rear diff for my V so I don't know how easy is that. Have your local Honda dealer check to see if your transmission has a software update.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone. New to the forum and new to CRV ownership. Just wanted to get everyone’s opinion on something. I recently purchased a 2015 EX-L with Nav AWD with 64k miles on it (has 67k now). Should I have the transmission fluid and rear diff fluids changed since I don’t know if it has been done previously, or does the MM typically not come on for these prior to this mileage. Also, when viewing upcoming MM info, it says I’m 70% with A126 coming up.

Thanks for any help.
I picked up 2015 Cr-V EX with 65k miles last December and I changed the transmission fluid as well as the rear differential to have a baseline as well. Well worth the peace of mind.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I appreciate all the responses. As my local dealer was unable to help with any maintenance history, I will proceed with the trans fluid and diff fluid changes. Both look about as simple as changing the oil, at least what I saw on YouTube videos.
Do the CVTs have a transmission fluid filter, or does that only apply to the auto transmission?

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
9,050 Posts
Just replace the fluid. Make sure you use the correct type & amount for your car.

·
Registered
2013 Honda CR-V EX-L Navi FWD
61 Posts
Automatic Transmission Fluid Capacity
2WD 2.3 qt (2.2 L) at change
AWD 2.7 qt (2.6 L) at change

Rear Differential Fluid Capacity (AWD models)
1.3 qt (1.2 L)

·
Registered
83 Posts
I appreciate all the responses. As my local dealer was unable to help with any maintenance history, I will proceed with the trans fluid and diff fluid changes. Both look about as simple as changing the oil, at least what I saw on YouTube videos.
Do the CVTs have a transmission fluid filter, or does that only apply to the auto transmission?
This might be helpful:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts