Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! New to this forum but NOT new to CR-V's. This is my third. I currently own an '04, '10, and now this '16. Boy, the differences moving on up have been dramatic! The 2016 EX is simply wonderful; so smooth and quiet! Was looking at even new models but the oil-dilution problem, and more importantly, Honda's answer to it, scared my off of the turbo. Once they (re: Honda) perfects it, as I know they will, I'll be perfectly happy with this 34k mile beauty. I hope that I can add some value to the group…

·
Registered
419 Posts
Hi everyone! New to this forum but NOT new to CR-V's. This is my third. I currently own an '04, '10, and now this '16. Boy, the differences moving on up have been dramatic! The 2016 EX is simply wonderful; so smooth and quiet! Was looking at even new models but the oil-dilution problem, and more importantly, Honda's answer to it, scared my off of the turbo. Once they (re: Honda) perfects it, as I know they will, I'll be perfectly happy with this 34k mile beauty. I hope that I can add some value to the group…
Welcome Big Kahuna in Florida. I like your positivity.

Here's link to Honda's Manufacturer Communications for the '16 V where you'll find the TSBs:
E.g. Here's one about the engine stalling when shifting to reverse after a cold-start. It's under the "Engine" tab: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2018/MC-10142672-9999.pdf

There are two recalls:

From a small canuck in Canada.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Marty1, glad to be here. Thanks for the links to the TSB's as well. Hopefully, I'll be able to help out a few folks whilst we share this retreat.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Welcome and Congrats on the new-to-you 2016 CR-V. I made the same decision for many of the same reasons nearly two years ago and also purchased a 2016. Like you I had also owned an earlier generation and continue to be impressed with how far they have come over the last 15 to 20 years. If there is something that is the opposite of buyer's remorse that is where I would be as this CR-V has been awesome. I still enjoy getting in it to go somewhere and it has been extremely reliable and inexpensive to operate. Hope you have the same experience with yours!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts