Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am new here and a new owner of my '97 CR-V.
I've replaced brake lines from front to rear under the CR-V due to being rusted out and leaking, and I notice there are stabilizer bars or cross member bar going from the the uni-body frame up and up to or over the rear trans-axles. Both driver and passenger sides are rusted out. not sure what their exact name is. I need to replace for inspection, but until i know what they're called can't order the parts. Any one know?
Also the power steering rack was replaced and one end of the hose/tube that goes from the boots on the R/L side was not connected to the boot, when turning the wheel all the way, P/S fluid squirts out of the boot where the tube should be connected. Should there be fluid in the boots like that or is this new rack leaking?

Thanks In Advance. I am looking forward to driving and Loving my CR-V, but right now it is not making me Happy

·
Registered
772 Posts
First, welcome to the forum. Unfortunately what you have is the typical NORTHERN/SALT affected vehicle. It knows no preference in make/model. What I have is a SOUTHERN/SALT FREE CRV, absolutely no rust anywhere. Just from what you described, I see a lot of expense, and only you can make that call. JMHO and hope you understand. Good luck.
David g...........:cool:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i went to the local Honda dealer, took 20 minutes on the computer, and me going out in the rain to take a photo of the actual rusted part, to find out the name. WoW could have never imagined.... "Frame Pipe RR" the parts man couldn't find it either. They are ordered should be here Tuesday.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts