Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have my first CRV-LX 2005. 234k miles. Rebuilt the transmission at 209k. Replaced the evap cannister because the previous owner obviously had a code and their mechanic decided to pull the cluster and put tape over the check engine light instead of fixing it. Otherwise the car has been great.One other issue was headlight bulbs blowing out. 7 bulbs in less than a year. I decided to switch to LEDs sinces there seems to be no solution to blowing halogens.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Welcome aboard DaveH05CRV! Grab a drink and enjoy the ride! That's quite a few headlamp replacements!?! I have to ask the obvious question; are you sure that you were wearing gloves or otherwise protecting the glass portion of the lamps from the oil in your hands or any other oils? That's a common cause of premature bulb failure. Other than that, it might be a short in the wiring. Look for cracks in the insulation or exposed copper.

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
Welcome to the forum! There is a known issue with certain brand bulbs being incompatible and doing this. I've seen many posts here on it, so you might do a search and see what you find.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts