Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2021 Honda CRV. We literally just bought it. I do love the car.
However, the 1.5t engine has a smell coming from it thats consistent with a coolant leak.
Is there any spots that are really common for this to happen on this vehicle or engine?
Also, I've read that Honda fixed the dilution issue with gasoline entering the oil pan. Some people say Hondas fixed worked some say it didn't.
I now have about 1600 miles on the car and it did smell faintly of gas when I changed the oil for the first time. I changed it with Amsoil Signature series and a Mobil 1 filter both designed for boosted cars. Im also using higher grade fuel whenever I can. Is there anything that I can do that will mitigate this.
So 2 things here. 1. The coolant issue, 2 the dilution issue. The coolant issue is of more concern right now.
Thanks.

Dale.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,798 Posts
A faint gasoline odor in the oil of a GDI engine is not worrisome. Give the engine a chance to break in....keep monitoring it if it helps you sleep at night. (Your owners manual says to check oil HOW OFTEN? <---You didn't know there would be a Pop Quiz I bet, LOL ) 😇

Reactions: TheDarkKnight

·
Registered
29 Posts
Agree with you that there should be no smell, except that wonderful “new car scent”. Have it checked out under warranty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts