Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
806 Posts
I wouldn't take it as griping. Just a question to ask others on their opinion. Maybe email or call them and see what they say. Just mention that the color doesn't look right and see what they say. It may just be a fluke that the color is that far off on the set you got. Even offer to send them the picture in an email and see what they say.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I think you're being perfectly reasonable. You like the way the fit. You're OK with the way they look. You're happy. That's what counts.

This is from the Weathertech website:

Color.jpg

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I think you're being perfectly reasonable. You like the way the fit. You're OK with the way they look. You're happy. That's what counts.

This is from the Weathertech website:

View attachment 56737
And that is how they can legally get away with their colors not being right. If I had a dime for every time I heard, maybe your computers monitor is not calibrated. I have owned at least 10 computers and I have never had to calibrate any of them, they are all almost dead on when they leave China. As someone who has invested a lot of time in nature photography I very much care that my computer is calibrated. Also, the picture I took was shoot in auto WB as a RAW. After setting my WB I took the computer out to my truck and it was a dead on color match to what I was looking at.

I have got to say that only one of you actually gave your thoughts on the color and they liked the color better. Anyone else want to give your opinion on the color. Even though what they show on their site is darker, it is the same tint. I do like that they are lighter in color, its the red tint that kinda throws it off. Regardless, its growing on me.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I also think they look too Red.

I think it would be acceptable if you bought these at Walmart and they were to match many "tans" in cars. But to spend that much money for a custom to Honda CRV mat, I would be disappointed. Especially with the reputation that Weathertech has on these boards. I was reading the Pilot boards and felt inferior as I just bought the Honda branded ones as opposed to Weathertech.

I would contact them. Maybe it was a bad run.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
I agree that they look too red, while the ones on their web site ad look as if they'd be a little too brown to be a perfect match. For that kind of money I'd expect a closer color match myself.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts