Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Friends,
I had to replace my 1st windshield at Safelight. Now driver side wiper (longest one) hits the top edge of the glass when turned on. I don't recall if the longest wiper on driver side? Is there an ajustment I could make? thanks and Howdy from Texas

·
Registered
467 Posts
Yep the longer wiper is the driver one. Did you replace the whole wiper or just the rubber refill? If you replaced the entire wiper did you get an OEM one or an aftermarket?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
Do you mean the end of the blade is hitting the rubber seal at the top? If so, and you didn't change the blade, it sounds like they didn't get the rubber seal back in the exactly correct position. Have you checked for a water leak? Mine doesn't clear by much. Possibly, if nothing else, you can trim a tiny bit off the end of the blade to clear. On replacement windshields, sometimes the issue is the windshield itself having a slightly different size of shape, sometimes it's the installer didn't get it in exactly the same spot. It only takes a small variation. I'd take it back to them and ask.

·
Registered
2012 CRV EX AWD
310 Posts
Hey Friends,
I had to replace my 1st windshield at Safelight. Now driver side wiper (longest one) hits the top edge of the glass when turned on. I don't recall if the longest wiper on driver side? Is there an ajustment I could make? thanks and Howdy from Texas
If you can not do it yourself, go to Safelite and ask to readjust the driver side wiper arm incorrectly installed after windshield replacement.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Not sure i’d trust someone who cant put wipers on properly replacing my window.

Usualy safelite has to run through a big checklist before theh bolt.

Ive had some crap installers in the past. One delayed my appt then showed up with his kids in truck playing switch lol

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
4,927 Posts
Safelight replaced my windshield about 3 months ago due to an impact strike that cracked the windshield. Perfect job... did not even cause my camera need recalibration (credit to excellent design by Honda and workmanship by Safelight on this).

I watched the Safelight tech as he worked. They remove the wipers blade assembly completely from the motor drive to make room for them to work. I guess it is possible that they put them on reversed... but I'm honestly not even sure if you can do that or not.

Also... note: when my order was placed for the windshield replacement through my insurance (Geico does all the communications and follow-up with Safelight... so the owner does not have to).. One of the questions on the Geico submission form was "would you like to have your wiper blades replaced at the same time?". I declined because my blades were only a few months old. So.. I guess it's possible that if they also changed the blades, they might have put in the wrong length blade.

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
Do you mean the end of the blade is hitting the rubber seal at the top?
Yeah.. that can't happen though, as long as you have the right blade length in the wiper. This is something else happening.

From personal experience watching a Safelight installer on my CRV... I don't know anyway they could screw this up unless they swapped the wiper blade assemblies when they put them back after completing the windshield replacement, OR they also changed the blades and put the wrong sized blade on.

·
Super Moderator
1997, 2002, 2017 my expertese lies there
5,026 Posts
adjustment. Yes called a bolt over the arm look for it. or go into honda and have a tech correctly ajust it.

Reactions: billyrule

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
Hey Friends,
Long wiper is on the drivers side. And.... the drivers side wiper blade arm would hit the front pillar of the right side if it was swaped, because it is notably longer then the passenger side blade assembly.

First step I would do is measure the length of the offending blade and confirm it is the correct length as specified in your owners manual. Then go back to Safelight and point out the issue and ask them to remedy it. Safelight's warranty on service is unconditional in the first 60 days as I recall and the glass is warrantied for life as long as you own the vehicle. They stand behind their service very well in my experience

Was this via an insurance claim? If so.. maybe just put your insurance company on it if the local Safelight shop shows any hesitation at all in taking immediate care of the issue. (According to online reviews....some Safelight shops are better then others... as staff varies some by location, even though Safelight has a certification program with their staff and shops).

·
Super Moderator
5,026 Posts

You made do this

·
Super Moderator
5,026 Posts
no offense to all: just blows my mind when you are asking for advice. Call Safelite, have them revisit you, fix what they did d wrong. there is no way I see to pull off the Drivers side but i see the pass is a plug cap. I can get a finger in at the two points. I bet you said its on the COWL . do you now go to Honda and have it correctly done, or call safelite. BTW Happy Fathers Day

to the thumb downer KMB

·
Super Moderator
5,026 Posts
Question is when turned on does it fal shy of the sweep

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
no offense to all: just blows my mind when you are asking for advice. Call Safelite, have them revisit you, fix what they did d wrong. there is no way I see to pull off the Drivers side but i see the pass is a plug cap. I can get a finger in at the two points. I bet you said its on the COWL . do you now go to Honda and have it correctly done, or call safelite. BTW Happy Fathers Day

to the thumb downer KMB
Love the video! Is that yours! I will have Safelite fix it.. :)

·
Super Moderator
5,026 Posts
i walked to the nearest crv Lol. Lol.

·
Registered
710 Posts
This is 100% their responsibility.

Did they resolve the issue?

Reactions: fishycomics

·
Super Moderator
5,026 Posts
I wonder now that he must wait till the Insurance agent gets back???

·
Registered
78 Posts
Had my CRV for 3 days when the windshield took a hit and needed to be replaced. Took it to a place recommended by my dealer and they did it perfectly. No wiper issues, no need to re-calibrate the camera or anything. My first ever windshield replacement in over 50 years driving.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts