Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am one of the folks affected by the VW emissions scandal, and my Golf TDI goes back tomorrow. I will miss the manual transmission immensely (every car I have ever owned has been a stickshift), but after a LOT of research, I have settled on a 2017 CR-V LX AWD. We get a good bit of snow where I live, and the AWD just seems practical. That plus the CR-V seems to be comparatively better than similar sized vehicles in all the categories that matter most to me.

I have been lurking here a bit, and you guys seem really helpful. Hoping to be able to contribute!

·
Registered
'18 CR-V Ex-L AWD & '13 CR-V Ex-L AWD
1,643 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new '17. You're going to love it more everyday. After a while drop us a line and tell us how its going and what you like about yours. Cheers!

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Hi all,

I am one of the folks affected by the VW emissions scandal, and my Golf TDI goes back tomorrow. I will miss the manual transmission immensely (every car I have ever owned has been a stickshift), but after a LOT of research, I have settled on a 2017 CR-V LX AWD. We get a good bit of snow where I live, and the AWD just seems practical. That plus the CR-V seems to be comparatively better than similar sized vehicles in all the categories that matter most to me.
I have been lurking here a bit, and you guys seem really helpful. Hoping to be able to contribute!
Trillium,
Like you I've only had stick shifts for the last 45 years and I finally stepped up to a automatic "CVT". It has been 2 months now and I have NO regrets, I loved my stick shifts but now, it is time to enjoy the ride and comfort without the extra effort of shifting..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great color choice! Do you know when it's supposed to arrive?
I was hoping for tomorrow as my husband's work schedule next week is crazy and he won't be able to take me to pick it up. But I got an email last night saying Friday is a no go, so they will have to give me a loaner, as promised. I asked for the Civic Type R that's in the showroom but they're not going for it. ?

·
Super Moderator
2022 CRV EX FWD 2013 CRV EX FWD
3,316 Posts
I was hoping for tomorrow as my husband's work schedule next week is crazy and he won't be able to take me to pick it up. But I got an email last night saying Friday is a no go, so they will have to give me a loaner, as promised. I asked for the Civic Type R that's in the showroom but they're not going for it. ��
hahaha I think we all wish to get to drive the Type R. That thing is freaking sick!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.