Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I am from the UK currently working in Spain for the summer then heading out to ski the Alps for the winter. I have had many cars bit now I want a crv. I was looking at 1 St or 2nd Gen as I really like the styling. After some advice on engine's. I am weary about many parts failing on diesels. I have had diesels for many years but would like to go back to petrol only as I think less to go wrong and easier to fix. What are your opinions? Also would it be worth going for the vtec over the older 2,0ltr? I have had a accord vtec years ago and loved that car. So before I jump in I ask the advice. I would like to fit the largest tyres possible without going for the lift kit as being a kite instructor pays for lifestyle only. Will be using savings.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I do not know many details, but I have got the impression that gen 2, at the update of 2005 is a very reliable vehicle; possibly both diesel and petrol... Gen 1: there cannnot be many attractive low-milers out there now.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Welcome to the forum and good luck in your quest. The forum search bar will assist you in finding answers to many questions. Cheers!

·
Registered
776 Posts
Welcome Richie !! Sounds like you're a young guy with an ideal life !! I suspect skiing the Alps gets a little spendy so you'll be sleeping in the CR-V ! Enjoy yourself - most of us are jealous !! Craig

·
Registered
10 Posts
My 2006 has been quite reliable, except for an expanded battery terminal, which no longer fits tightly ($5 do-it-yourself replacement part). Moonroof is a useless feature, but AWD is nice for mountains.

Just a tip: The power of these Gen 2 vehicles is PERFECT for two people -- but if you try to fit in 4 people and all their luggage, you'll notice that it doesn't carry weight well (you can feel it have to work).

If you expect to carry lots of things, and drive in mountain areas, and passengers, you might want to look for more horsepower, which the later generations do have.

Regards!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts