Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm thinking of buying a 2005 HONDA CR-V 2.2 i-CDTi SE with 94,000miles for £6000 (gbp). What sort of mpg can I expect and how many miles could I realistically expect these engines to live for. Any other buying tips/advice would be greatly appreciated. Also, very important to me is how are these vehicles in snow. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If it's got a good service history it should do 250k plus. My 2005 has done 140k and does not need oil between services. My normal MPG in mixed motoring is 42, lowest 38 and if you tickle it along at 60mph it goes to nearly 50 - these are actuals, not off the computer.
It's a VERY GOOD VEHICLE.

·
Registered
141 Posts
It is a very good vehicle but there are a few weaknesses with the 2.2 i-CTDI:

1) There are some clutch slippage issues ... to test if the car has this behaviour, you should try a full throttle acceleration in 2nd, 3rd or 4th gear at 2000 rpm. If the rpm jump before going down, the car has clutch slippage
2) Turbo ... the 2.2 i-CTDI comes with a Garrett and I've seen a few of those turbos failing. It's difficult to predict if a turbo will fail but unusual whining at acceleration could be a sign.

To be honest, if I had to buy a 2nd hand CR-V with that amount of miles, I would rather choose a petrol one.

The car performs very well in snow ... but it's always recommended to put some good snow tyres on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts