Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!:)
I'm new here but not new to Honda...have owned about four on my own, and
my girlfriend just bought a 2012 Ex-L in excellent condition with 40k on it, that needs new tires..
This CRV was sold with the original tires still on it which really should not have been, but it is what it is, so now she is looking at tire choices.
And, oddly enough, the tires that came with the vehicle have not gotten good reviews at all(through Tire Rack, anyway...)

I've got a set of General RT43 Altimax grand touring tires on my sedan, which have worked out great, but open to suggestions that don't break the bank!:D
What says the forum??:confused:

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
There are plenty of threads on this topic. Use the search function and you'll find them. I've read nothing but good things about Michelin Defender tires.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you aboard! Any pics? Usually the General has a below average rating compared to the Top notches i.e. Michelin, Bridgestone, Continental. As what Coastie05 suggest look at the Michelins they are known good quality tires.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all! I will check out the choices suggested. The big thing is this is HER budget, but she also knows this is a car she's going to keep for a long time.

otto888man,
General tire is actually owned by Continental, and they've gotten rave reviews on TireRack...
So far, I've got over 10k on mine and I've been extremely happy with their grip in both wet & snow...although, in my experience, Continentals tend to have soft sidewall, so I run them with a little more pressure!
I wasn't sure of them as a possible tire for the CRV only because I have zero tire buying experience re: SUVs.
I will also check out the Michelin defenders, as Michelin's always been a fav of mine, albeit a little out of my budget. :)
Will have to get some pics once we clean her up a bit...been kinda crappy weather lately, here in the Northeast!

·
Vendor
381 Posts
Hello all!:)
I'm new here but not new to Honda...have owned about four on my own, and
my girlfriend just bought a 2012 Ex-L in excellent condition with 40k on it, that needs new tires..
This CRV was sold with the original tires still on it which really should not have been, but it is what it is, so now she is looking at tire choices.
And, oddly enough, the tires that came with the vehicle have not gotten good reviews at all(through Tire Rack, anyway...)

I've got a set of General RT43 Altimax grand touring tires on my sedan, which have worked out great, but open to suggestions that don't break the bank!:D
What says the forum??:confused:
Welcome to the site. There are many solid choices available for her CR-V. Which tire is the right one for her depends on many factors such as driving conditions, driving style and what she is looking for in a tire.

We have an excellent selection of tires on our web site along with customer reviews for you to browse through.

CR-V Tires | Discount Tire Direct

PM coming your way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts