Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have just bought a 2008 CRV and so far I’m very pleased with it - quite low mileage 49,000.
I usually join owners clubs for hints and tips plus niggles ( every car has some), they’re not always apparent when you first buy the car, but soon come to light.

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
Welcome to the forum! 49K? Nice! I got my '07 AWD EX-L last fall with 92k and in beautiful condition, but I bet yours is better. Since then, things I've found or done: A/C was low on gas after never ever having been serviced. Had that done, and it was about a half pound low on Freon. Works great now. Right front door lock actuator sporadically re-locking, got the part, haven't installed yet. Picked up accessories: Weather Tech mats, full set, body side moldings, factory fog light kit. I also picked up the stuff to install larger type 24 battery at next battery change, including the tray, cover, and hold-down (for a 2013 Odyssey, fits with slight modification to tray). Will do an audio upgrade when I can - speakers, amp, maybe head unit (no Nav on mine). Replaced all wiper blades. Need to polish headlights. Once the daily 100+ temps end, I'll get all this done.

Otherwise, no issues so far. Very happy with it. Enjoy, and post some pictures when you can.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi guys,
Thank you so much for your responses, mines a fully loaded EX - L, with satnav and reversing camera. Its the first CRV I’ve ever owned in fact its the first Honda I’ve ever had, bought it because my other car wad too low to climb in and out of.
Really enjoying the ride, will post pics when I know how to - bought some side bars to go on it soon.
Nice to meet youa’ll ????

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi guys,
Thank you so much for your responses, mines a fully loaded EX - L, with satnav and reversing camera. Its the first CRV I’ve ever owned in fact its the first Honda I’ve ever had, bought it because my other car was too low to climb in and out of.
Really enjoying the ride, will post pics when I know how to - bought some side bars to go on it soon.

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
Hi guys,
Thank you so much for your responses, mines a fully loaded EX - L, with satnav and reversing camera. Its the first CRV I’ve ever owned in fact its the first Honda I’ve ever had, bought it because my other car wad too low to climb in and out of.
To add pictures, first just know where they are on your computer. I keep mine in a specific folder. Then, when you open a posting window, like the one I'm in now, and look at the symbols across the bottom, pan across from left to right to the fourth one. When you hover the mouse cursor over it, it says insert image. Click on it, then click in the middle, where it says click here. That opens to file folders so you can navigate to the picture you want to post. Repeat that to add multiple images. Here's my CR-V:

2007 CR-V 009.jpg

If you have any trouble just say so and I'll help as needed.

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
Okay - Now I get a message saying "Image waiting for approval." Seriously? First, it double posts the image, then fails to post it. Wow. I can do better than this with crayons! You may not make images subject to approval while simultaneously limiting edit function to five minutes. Admins!

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
Let me try this again: My CR-V:

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
One more time:

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
Hmmm. Glitch!

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
Still trying, yet another method:

Reactions: Reg08

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
And now the images are there. How bizarre! When I bring up the image to post, it let's me choose to go with either a thumbnail or full image. Then when I choose one, it posts both anyway. If I choose full image, it posts two of those. If I choose thumbnail, it posts one of each size. Glitch!!! Atwell, can you hep clarify? Not my intention to post all these duplicate images. Now it's a big mess. Aargh!

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
All right! So it does work, eventually. Good. Nice! I like the color, it just wouldn't work where I am in Texas where we are having 100+ degree days and setting a new record for hottest summer ever. I have a set of those same wheels waiting to go on when I change the tires. The wheels I have now are 18's, and the tires are Pirelli Scorpion Verde's in 255/55R18. Rides good, handles well, looks good, but they are heavy, extremely noisy, and fuel mileage is way down with them. Plus, tires in that size are much more expensive! I will be going back to stock size Michelins when I go. I gave $200 for the set of stock wheels locally, and I can get new Michelins, plus new sensors, for less money, even including the wheels.

Edit: I was able to go back in and delete all the duplicate images from yesterday's glitch-fest, to clean up most of the mess I made out of your thread.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts