Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my new to me 2003 CRV AWD with about 71k miles on it. I needed to find something for my daughter who will be using it in cold and windy Chicago. I'm already starting to look it over and ID maintenance needs. It seems to be in great shape as the original owner I purchased it from had the local dealer change the oil and do other maintenance on it every 5k miles.

Anything I should be paying special attention to on it? I'm already planning on changing all the fluids including the rear diff.

Thanks for having me on the this great forum. Looks like a ton of very useful information and member's experience to learn from.

-Tim

·
Registered
209 Posts
So Dad has been tasked with prepping the vehicle for extended use in
Chicago. Is dad going to fly there to do the maintenance? Or does Dad
have a few months to whip it into super condition for launch? :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Please help the 'Ole Man....

Dad bought the car in SoCal, is going to do the maintenance there and then driving it cross country to deliver it.

Does changing the fan belt simply require placing tension on the tensioning pulley in order to remove the tension on the belt?

What quantity of DOT 3 brake fluid do I need in order to change out all the existing fluid? One quart?

Does anyone know the proper bolt torque for the front disc brake "flange bolts" that holds the caliper to the flange?

What is entailed in removing the front rotors in order to have them turned besides removing the calipers and caliper flange?

Unfortunately the guy that controls access to the work shop manual for the second generation CRV's isn't answering his emails and I can't get access to it. Can anyone tell me what the password is I need to at least look at the shop manual online so I can figure out answers to the above?

Thank you for any help you can give the "Ole Man here...

-Tim

·
Registered
209 Posts
I'd repost the mechanical questions in Misc & Gen. Discussions
There are some Honda Techs that can assist, and where to get
the manual info.
....been there done that.....but not at that distance!:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts